First M&P attempts

angel2211

After doing my CP. I wanted to try my hand at my M&P considering i had heaps of it delivered. I wasn't sure what to do and decided the cake i posted about might be a bit extreme for my first attempt aswell as the fact i can't find any rubbing alcohol around here. So settled on a recipe for strawberries n cream M&P. OMG does it smell divine. Well made that pretty quick so decided to make a jack frost bar. Not sure this one turned out how it should of but still turned out ok, Hubby hates it now cos all the pretty smelling things he says makes him hungry all the time, and the jack frost M&P was Raspberry so he especially hated that one. Has anyone else made frost bars before that could probably tell me where I went wrong on them, all things considered though and considering it is my first batch and i'm a newbie I am quite proud of these ones. Also without rubbing alcohol i'm not quite sure how to get rid of the bubbles that formed. Any help would be great.

Edited to add: Believe it or not I actually do have other colour dye's...lol just wanted to try the strawberry n cream, aswell as my new raspberry FO so pink was logical choice, I can't wait to try out my black dye, going to make a "bay rum" soap tomorrow and make it black...

post-4041-139458404758_thumb.jpg

post-4041-13945840476_thumb.jpg

post-4041-139458404763_thumb.jpg

post-4041-139458404765_thumb.jpg

I don't know what the jack frost thing is so I can't tell if it's right or wrong. But the alcohol you can pick up at any pharmacy, grocery store, walmart, it's usually with the first aid stuff on the bottle shelf. To make it easier I went over near the travel size section and found an empty mini sprayer to squirt with.

Sami

Thanx, I checked out our grocery store they didn't stock it but they also said to try the pharmacy. So as soon as they open i'll check them out. Then hopefully i can get rid of the bubbles. Was reading on here it's best to pour slower too, so i'll pour it really slow next time see how that goes.

Look for Isopropyl Alcohol. It is the kind they rub on your skin before a shot. Rubbing alcohol is what some people call it, but it is Isopropyl Alcohol. You should be able to find it with the right name.

Look for Isopropyl Alcohol. It is the kind they rub on your skin before a shot. Rubbing alcohol is what some people call it, but it is Isopropyl Alcohol. You should be able to find it with the right name.

Thank you Carrie, I've written it down and I've got my family and friends looking for rubbing alcohol so i'll let them all know what it is really called. I'm finding it hard finding certain things so hopefully that will make it easier. I was almost going to buy a bottle of vodka, at least if it didn't work i could drink it too :D