Majestic Mountain Sage F/o's Reviews

firegirl

I just wanted to give some reviews on the following oils. I don't read too much about Majestic Mountain Sage, so I wanted to let everyone know how these oils are. I have poured a few of these in a 75/25 parasoy and the scent throw is HUGE! I am proud to say that I have over 200 samples in my possesion and these are at the top of list for strength oob(many are off the chart strong!) and in wax. I would not list them if I did not think they would be strong enough to add to any candle line.

Here they are:

Relaxation (exactly like Gold Canyon)

Rain Orchid

Stress- Free

Energy

Ocean Rain

Fruit Slices (very similar to Citrus Blast with a melon twist)

Elements of Bamboo

Hibiscus Passion

Spa Fusion

Pumpkin Pie (exactly like Gold Canyon..super strong and spicy version)

Acorn and Fall Leaves

Sensual (exactly like Gold Canyon)

Romance (exactly like Gold Canyon Romantic)

Enjoy!

has anyone tried magestic mountain in 100 % soy ? i would be intrested in hearing your results if so..

has anyone smelled the candle by gold canyon called fizzy pop ? i have a few customers that just love that candle..i've been looking for a good strong dupe of that oil.. anyone have any ideas.. i do get Becky's from js and its good.. but they tell me its just not the same... can someone give me some help ?

thanks much

I've tried a few in 100% soy, and haven't been impressed at all with the throw. I limit their use to my B&B, for which I love MMS's oils. I haven't tried the GC fizzy pop, so I can't help you there, sorry!

Thanks for the reviews, firegirl! I have a few of those and I didn't realize that some of mine were GC dupes!

Wow, thanks Firegirl. I have been keeping my eyes/nose out for those Gold Canyon scents. I have only ordered a few from Magestic Mt. and have not yet tried those that you say smell like Gold Canyon's. I have tried a few others with those same names and they were never it. I love Relaxation and Sensual! I can't remember what Romance smells like. Also, I love the Pumpkin Pie too. I guess I will be ordering some more fragrances today! :D Thanks again for the review!

~Holly

Romantic was one of my best selllers in the Aromatherapy line when I sold for Gold Canyon. I don't use straight soy, but boy do these throw for me in my parasoy blend.. It just might depend on what type of soy you use.. I never imagined I would find so many GC dupes in one place!! FYI ... in case you did not know.. GC's Mulled Cider can be found at Alabaster.. dead on.. and Cozy Cabin in Comfy Cabin at Creative Candle Supplies..definitely less than one ounce per pound on that one.. , and Peaks Sugar Cookie seems to be exact as well.. I don't want to model everything after GC.. but I have to admit.. they do have some great scents!

Hi Firegirl,

Thanks! And yes, I have been using Alabaster's Mulled Cider for a while and it is dead on! When I found it (which it did not take long on this one) I was real happy. I have also used Creative Candle Supplies Comfy Cabin for a while too and I was really happy to find that one as it is one of my favorites of Gold Canyon's. I do not want to model everything of GC's either but there sure are a few scents that I have really wanted to find and the Aroma ones are some of them. There will be many that I have that they do not have. There are two others that I really want to find and that is their Ginger Lime and Huckleberry. They discontinued the Huckleberry. My friend and I REALLY loved that Huckleberry and were really upset when they discontinued it. I have a sample of MMS's Huckleberry but OOB it does not smell the same to me but it may smell different in wax. It did say on MMS's website that it was a powdery one and that is kinda how GC's smelled. I still have a 26 oz. Huckleberry candle from Gold Canyon. I wonder if they discontinied it because the FO company discontinued it. One of these days I may find it. I will pour the one fron MMS and see. That is my friend's favorite scent. Thanks again for the post. :cool2:

Firegirl - have you ever found a dupe for CG's Christmas Presence? I have had several customers wanting that and I like it too. I love their sensual so I will get that. I would also like to find a dupe of GC's Autumn Walk and Mocha Mint.

Hey Freezin'.. I have been meaning to pm you!! I got one from NG called Country Chrismas and it is exactly like Cozy Xmas.. however, I have not found your Xmas Presence.. I ordered a whole bunch of samples and went to compare to my only sample of Xmas Pres. and it was mislabled top and bottom.. it smells exactly like their Pineapple one.. so now I don't have a sample to compare it to yet.. I will definitely let you know when I do find it!

I am looking for the Christmas Presence too. I love that one. There is a fairly new scent at NG that has almost all the ingredients but maybe one or two of the ingredients. I believe it is called Christmas Wassail (sp? - this is how they have it spelled). I have two samples of it but have not yet put it in wax. OOB is it hard to tell how close it is to it. Let me know if any of you find it! ;)

Hey Freezin' I just looked up NG's Christmas Cabin and it sounds just like what you are looking for in the Gold Canyon Xmas Presence.. take a look.. tell me what you think.

I had the name of the scent I like wrong. It is called Days of Christmas, not Christmas Presence. I have saved a little bit in the bottom of a GC jar so I can compare with FO samples. I really love this scent. NG's Christmas Wassail has similiar ingredients except for maybe one or two. Firegirl, have you ever found this one? :rolleyes2

ENJOY!! Please let me know about the Huckleberry one too.. I would also love to find the Ginger Lime candle.. I guess I could always send one off to one of the companies that could dupe it for me! :cheesy2:

I just poured MMS's Huckleberry. It is not it, but it smells pretty good. I will have to see how it does when I test burn it. One of these days I hope to find a dupe. It may be that it is no longer available. I have thought about getting the Ginger Lime duped too, but I have never gone that route before and I am sure it is expensive.

Hey Holly.. If you ever want to go in on having it duped, it really is not expensive.. I want to say 15 dollars.. you just have to buy 10 pounds of it which you would have no problems doing... You would need 4 ounces unburned.. which I have.. I for one would buy some, and I know that there would be many others interested too. If you bought 25 pounds, the dupe would be free... Just a thought.. As for Days of Xmas.. this was my inspiration to make candles.. This is hands down my all time favorite scent. I have mixed my own and been very close.. this is what I mixed... Mac Apple, regualar Cinnamon, and Pear.. all from Save On Scenst..but you can use anything similar.. If I recall correctly, it was equal amounts mac apple and cinnamon and a little less pear.. I would try in a baggie.. 2 qtips with mac apple, 2 qtips with cinnamon, and 1 qtip with pear.. see what you think.. I am going to call this NOEL... I thought it was pretty close and smelled fantastic! I can send you a baggie with these in it if you want to try.. Let me know!

Teri

Hey Holly.. If you ever want to go in on having it duped, it really is not expensive.. I want to say 15 dollars.. you just have to buy 10 pounds of it which you would have no problems doing... You would need 4 ounces unburned.. which I have.. I for one would buy some, and I know that there would be many others interested too. If you bought 25 pounds, the dupe would be free... Just a thought.. As for Days of Xmas.. this was my inspiration to make candles.. This is hands down my all time favorite scent. I have mixed my own and been very close.. this is what I mixed... Mac Apple, regualar Cinnamon, and Pear.. all from Save On Scenst..but you can use anything similar.. If I recall correctly, it was equal amounts mac apple and cinnamon and a little less pear.. I would try in a baggie.. 2 qtips with mac apple, 2 qtips with cinnamon, and 1 qtip with pear.. see what you think.. I am going to call this NOEL... I thought it was pretty close and smelled fantastic! I can send you a baggie with these in it if you want to try.. Let me know!

Teri

Thanks Teri! I'm going to PM you.

I think that MC's Christmas Splendor smells EXACTLY like GC's Cozy Christmas. I was floored when I poured it for last season, I think it's dead on, but you know how everyone smells something different...