What is your MUST HAVE

angel2211

Kaybee you are right on with your "essentials" list. I found out the hard way about using plastic cups to hold my different e/o. The e/o blend I used melted right through a disposable plastic drinking cup! What a mess I made and all that e/o wasted. Now I use glass pyrex measuring cups for this.

Kaybee you are right on with your "essentials" list. I found out the hard way about using plastic cups to hold my different e/o. The e/o blend I used melted right through a disposable plastic drinking cup! What a mess I made and all that e/o wasted. Now I use glass pyrex measuring cups for this.

I put some FO in a plastic cup one time and left the room for 5 mins. When I came back, it had eaten through the bottom of the cup and made a mess, not to mention I lost 4 oz. of FO. Now I use metal cups for measuring.

I put some FO in a plastic cup one time and left the room for 5 mins. When I came back, it had eaten through the bottom of the cup and made a mess, not to mention I lost 4 oz. of FO. Now I use metal cups for measuring.

I did this the other night with 2 ounces of Island Mango from KY. What a damn mess. It actually started eating through the plastic on my el-cheapo scale too, and I was only gone for 10 minutes. I went back to my wax paper dixie cups. :rolleyes2

I'm chiming in late but here's what I absolutely must have when I soap:

• 1 huge Pyrex measuring cup. I love this thing.
  • 1 small Pyrex (used exculsively for measuring dry lye). I had an incident with static in my lye that left me shaking. I have not had that problem since switching to glass to measure my lye. My pitcher is plastic.
  • 1 empty coconut oil container. I use it to stand my stick blender in and I use the lid to place my rubber scraper on.

Everything else is standard stuff - Goggles, gloves, stick blender, rubber scraper.

Thanks everyone. I just made my first CP soap tonight and used the ice cube container (not the ice cube tray) that was out of my old fridge. But i didn't spray it so hopefully if it doesn't come out 15 minutes in the freezer will work. I've added spray to my list of must gets for tomorrow. Glad I read about the EO's with plastic cups. I covered my scales with cling wrap when i made soap but i'd still hate to clean EO off my bench and floor, then be stuck with the strong smell on my hands.. I love EO's but too strong i get headaches and hubby gets migranes so that tip was extremely useful to me thank you all.