Which Scents Work With Cyclomethicone?

jvfern

Ok, since I'm just barely starting out on this B&B adventure ;) and am currently using a body spray "base" and not the cyclo I'm not really familiar with it at all, so just tell me to shut up if I'm way off base here. LOL

I've only begun testing with this base that I have this week.

I just know that the two FO's I tried in my "base" did NOT mix at all, I have to really shake them up in order to be able to use them, which is a PITA. (BTW-they are WT&G from Peak and Freesia from BCN).

What if you added polysorbate to the cyclo? Do you think that would help with those FO's that "sink/do not mix well"??

I had heard that just using cyclo would elminate this problem, but I see that it is still a problem with certain FO's.

So much testing, soooo little time. wink.gif LOL

I just wanted to second what Robin said, there are different forms fo Cyclo out there. I used to use TDF's cyclo, but am switching to a different(more expencive :rolleyes2) companys because the feel is better. NOT saying TDF's is bad though. Anycase, I haven't really found any FO's that dont blend, but I have found a few that discolor the liquid and/or bottle. So from now on, I am doing my testing in clear and selling in the aluminum (sp?) One that comes to mind is bay rum. OH, SC vanillia ate the bottle, so I dont do that one...

Tested a few fo's with cyclone and they end up settling to the bottom. I use about 8:1 ratio. Got this idea from another member.. Which scents, from where, worked well for you, and with what ratio? Thanks!!

If your sprays smell great, maybe the solution is to switch containers to one that are not transparent.

K, well here are my results so far:

The Cyclo I used was from Bitter Creek North. I took 1 teaspoon of Cyclo and added a several drops of the FO and mixed...here we go......

BCS Cowboy blues-------cloudy

NG- Polo type-----mixed to cloudy but could still see little tiny bubbles of FO so that one is on the fence cause it may not settle and could be ok if you shook before using.

NG-----Aroma Passion----No

NG-------Black Magic-----clear

NG---china rain--cloudy

NG-----------sweetgrass-------clear

NG---witch's brew-----no

BCN-----------heliotrope----cloudy

BCN-------balsam sandlewood-----cloudy

NG--------children's room---------shake reallly well and it's only slightly cloudy

BCN----woodland trail (smells just like cedarwood)-----clear but the FO is so dark in it's self that it colors the Cyclo golden

BCN-Amber musk---cloudy

BCN----leather------clear

BCN-daffodil fields--------clear

BCN---sweet dreams----clear

BCN------tiger eyes----cloudy with the little FO bubbles same as polo type

BCN-------Cola----clear

BCN--------------pepperment---------need to mix the crap out of it but does get fairly clear

BCN-----spiced cranberry-------no

BCN---bright eyes----no

NG---amish friendship bread---no

Wellington---irish cream------no

BCN-------strawberry splash---clear

BCN----------strawberry jam-------no

BCN-------violet and birch-------clear

Not quit 1/2 way through my FOs but couldn't stand the stink anymore from all these scents.....:lipsrseal:lipsrseal:lipsrseal

Well HTH and gives some idea on mixing.

Thanks so much to all who posted their experiences!! I tried doing this with the fo's that settled to the bottom, since my dumb ash made 4 oz bottles of each, I didn't want to waste it, so after the fo settled to the bottom, I carefully sucked up some from the top of the bottle with a pipette and filled the 5 ml sprays I got with them, and boom, crystal clear and scented still!! Only did this with Sweet Pea, Be Delicious and Pink Sugar. The Sweet Pea and Be Delicious were fine, but the Pink Sugar left my skin dry and little irritated! And this was supposed to be skin safe. What a shame, it was one of my favorites! Maybe it's the ratio? Or maybe it was the brand, and I need to stop being so cheap and buy some more expensive, higher quality oils? Yes, I know I do. But here it is anyway...

8:1 CYCLO:FO ratio:

DIDN'T MIX WELL (FO Settled to bottom)

Bulk Oils

Pink Sugar

Be Delicious

Soap N Candles

Pink Sugar

Bear Labs

Sweet Pea

Monkey Farts

CLEAR

Soap N Candles