emulsified butter question.....

lindsaycb

I've found two problems with that: the first is, unless my components are at least 100*, when the ewax hits the oils/butters, it immediately cools down and gets grains. Second, if it's not hot enough, when I whip it together, it cools too quickly to get it into the jars easily. Those have been my challenges, so overcome those and I'll sing your praises!

ahhhhh....that's vvvvverrry interesting. Makes all the sense in the world to me.

I was just thinking about whipped soap..so why not whipping your butters prior. What if you heat your water and let it cool to room temp...so the only thing hot going in there is your ewax/stearic combo. That's an idea.

Don't forget, you need heat to facilitate the chemical reaction to form a stable emulsion. Not to mention, it's best to heat and hold all ingredients to make sure everything is "bug-free". Who knows what kind of hands have been in those butters/ewax/stearic!