4045H: How much stearic before mottle dies

I've been researching this wax and gathering notes for three weeks now before I even pour it! One thing I can't find is how much stearic I can get away before mottling would be eliminated. I think its like 10% correct?

Thank you.

I either haven't had enough coffee yet, or am incredibly mathematically challenged... but when you talk about percentages, how do you work out what that is in actual measurements? :undecided

I'm still trying to become familiar with ounces and pounds (rather than grams and kilograms), but if I were to use one tablespoon (of anything) per pound, how do I know what percentage that is? :o

I either haven't had enough coffee yet, or am incredibly mathematically challenged... but when you talk about percentages, how do you work out what that is in actual measurements? :undecided

I'm still trying to become familiar with ounces and pounds (rather than grams and kilograms), but if I were to use one tablespoon (of anything) per pound, how do I know what percentage that is? :o

Maybe some of the measurement chart on this site will be of some help to you.

http://www.candlecauldron.com/measuring.html

You have to weigh it to determine the percentage. I weighed 3TBS of stearic for someone the other day, it was .6 oz.

16 wax + .6 stearic =16.6 total.

.6/16.6 = 4% stearic.

I use grams too. I'm always flipping back and forth, especially for small measurement.