Hemp wick testing

OK. I am testing the Hemp wicks in the 8oz sq. mason jars with the ecosoya cb135 and BCN Strawberry Jam and a 1400 hemp wick. 1st burn went great! Second burn...now about 3 hours still not reaching the sides. I did trim the wick pretty short though. Will see how the third burn goes. Of course the wick is mushrooming...but as long as it does not interfere with the scent throw I am not worrying about it. Every soy candle I have ever purchased the wick has mushroomed! I really do like the scent throw after only 24 hours! Will update later!:D

Ok it reached a full melt pool on the 3rd burn...but there was a little black smoke. I like the scent throw...but not quite sure about these yet. So far still like the LX better!
Sounds like you got a full melt pool on the first burn and the second was just an aberration. Trimming the wick too short isn't the most common thing that happens out there, LOL. Maybe consider wicking down a notch because that smoke situation isn't gonna get any better as you get down into the jar.

CB-135 will mushroom even without FO. I wouldn't sweat it.

Sounds like you got a full melt pool on the first burn and the second was just an aberration. Trimming the wick too short isn't the most common thing that happens out there, LOL. Maybe consider wicking down a notch because that smoke situation isn't gonna get any better as you get down into the jar.

CB-135 will mushroom even without FO. I wouldn't sweat it.

Amen to that! Every wick I have tried mushrooms! But like I said it does not bother me. It did at first when I was new to buying soy candles...but you just get use to it!:D