Packaging Question

Alajane

This might should be in the gallery, but I need help packaging this soap!! Normally I wrap my plain bars of MP soap in Sam's clear wrap, put the ingredients label over the ugly back, then put a band of pretty paper around it, seal it with my scent label, and tie it with a ribbon. But this soap is such a pretty design that I don't want to cover it with a paper band. The only thing I can think of is to make a round label with my logo, the scent, and the ingredients and put all that over the ugly back of the wrap. My problem with that is that I don't have any large round labels (the only size I have is 2-inches and I don't think that will be large enough for all that) and I want to use these in an open house this weekend. Any suggestions?

Edited to say: Omigosh!!! Somebody please tell me how to make my pictures smaller!!

post-578-13945837808_thumb.jpg

I have what I think might be the perfect solution for you. If you use a cello bag, tie it closed with a satin ribbon and lace a cardstock tag through it. You can place your label on the tag, which will flop to the side hopefully, and not hide the lovely soap. Or, you might make it even more glamorous and make the cardstock fold in half so that it looks like a miniature card.

I didn't think about putting them in a bag because I learned the hard way that the soap has to be wrapped tightly!! (I tried putting some MP soaps directly into a cello bag and they got yucky!) So do you think it will look okay wrapped in stretchy wrap and then inside a bag? I could still put my scent label on back to cover the wrap closure.

Thanks for the ideas--I have the bags and ribbon on hand, and may even have some hang tags already made for MP soap--not sure about that one, but if not, I can whip those out quickly!

Jane

I personally don't think they would look bad wrapped first and then placed in the bag. Oftentimes many products are double-packaged like that. Give it a try and see what it looks like. You may be surprised! Post pics when you get it done!