New at candle making and looking for answers

(sorry for my english!)I was making my first candle today and notice that there where some black particles(don't know if it was because I pour the stearin after the wax was all melted and I was adding the fragrance. Also I noticed that when I burned the candle and then blew it there was a lot of smoke. (don't know if this happened because I didn't inmerse the wick on wax. Can anybody help me on these questions, PLEASE!

Wax or stearic will not give you particles unless they had something on them when they went into your pot. Was the wax dirt (particle) free when it went into your melting pot?? If the wax was in a box...could it may be pieces of cardboard. Were you maybe melting wax that had already been made into a candle and had debris from a wick. Need more details on your part to figure out whats happening. By the way, your english was fine :)

You will get smoke when you blow out your candle. Most people try to dip the wick in the melted wax to put it out. That way you don't get any smoke.

Or people like me, who blow them all out at the same time and wave their hand across the tops of the pillars to disperse the smoke - LOL!

Kidding aside, Sharyl's right. Most of them will smoke if you blow them out, so just dip the wick in the wax.

As for black particles, you can get that from your wax, from the stearine, from some dust or dirt in the bottom of the pot....etc. I have to wipe out the bottom of my wax melter every few days because of it. Don't know how it gets there, but at least it sinks to the bottom. I can just drain the melter and wipe with paper towels. (yeah, melter has a lid; I actually think it comes from the wax...)

DanaE