decorating help

Hello everyone, I am fairly new to candle making, but have been checking out the forums on candle tech for about a year now. I am making pillars and was wondering about decorations on the pillars and burning them. Couple of questions, and any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Has anyone ever tried the tissue paper emobssing idea on pillars? Is it safe to burn them with tissue paper embossed on them?

How about painting on candles, and gluing items on the candle itself? Are they safe to burn with the embellishments on them?

I made a candle with seashells embedded into the pillar, what happens when it burns? Haven't tested it yet, but wanted to make sure that it would be safe to burn?

And lastly, what about candles with cinnamon sticks around the candle, is that safe to burn?

Thanks everyone for any responses. And just a little note, that this site is AWESOME, it has been a source of inspiration for me.

Tissue is flammable, even drenched in wax.

Depends on what embellishments you use on your candle. Would strongly suggest you figure out how to duplicate the embellishments into wax. Silicone molds are great for a variety of embellishment possibilites. As for paint, I don't know of anyone having problems with this. I think most use an acrylic based paint. Also there are candle paints available somewhere. Can't remember where

Seashells will burn and they could float, as well as eventually clog your wick if in wax. You could probably get away with a base display of them, but that's something you should test and also test to extremes, since no one knows how someone else is going to burn a candle (meaning time, placement of, drafts etc.)

Cinnamon sticks ... again not suggested, but I know people sell molds you can make wax ones with ;)

Thank you so much for the auggestions. I have found some of the candle paints on line somewhere , also can't remember where, but I'll look again.

Will look into duplicating embellishments into the wax.

Thanks again!!!

Cinnamon sticks ... again not suggested, but I know people sell molds you can make wax ones with ;)

Do you know where they sell this mold??? I would love to purchase it. I make a lot of candles in the fall with Cinnamon sticks... Your right... They do burn....and smell horrible while they do it. :)

Thanks

Cindy

Uchida sells the Candle Deco Paint...Acrylics work just as well...and they are cheaper...

I went to the website and yikes:rolleyes2 the prices...I went to our craft store (Pat Catans) and bought a set of 12 acrylic paints, brushes and brush soap(who would have thought of brush soap!) for the price they want for 12 colors!!!

Just did a heart candle and stencle painted it...the customer loved it!:o