Are ALL Fragrance Oils Safe?

Was just curious... are all fragrance oils safe to use in candles? While out shopping last night I came across some oils in Aveda that were beautifully scented, and incredibly strong. I think they were called "diffuser oils" and were pretty expensive ($20 for a one ounce bottle)... but I would have happily paid that for these if they're safe. I also found some in The Body Shop that were alot cheaper, but still nice and strong. How can I tell if these (or any) oils are safe to use in candles? :confused:

Was just curious... are all fragrance oils safe to use in candles? While out shopping last night I came across some oils in Aveda that were beautifully scented, and incredibly strong. I think they were called "diffuser oils" and were pretty expensive ($20 for a one ounce bottle)... but I would have happily paid that for these if they're safe. I also found some in The Body Shop that were alot cheaper, but still nice and strong. How can I tell if these (or any) oils are safe to use in candles? :confused:

In a simple word....NO. Not ALL oils are safe for candles. Diffuser oils are typically "cut" with a filler...DPG or another that make it possible for them to diffuse into the air easier than just the straight oil.

$20/oz is a retail price anyway and is way too expensive for making a candle, especially with a cut oil.

Try HERE to find the FO that you like at a much cheaper price and not cut with a diffuser filler.