Peak's F/O Similar to Butt Naked?

Jaye

I was just about to place my order with Peak's for a sample pack, but discovered they don't have Butt Naked, which I got from The Candle Source and absolutely love. Can anybody recommend a scent from Peak's that's similar? TIA! :cheesy2:

Oh, and another quick question... are all fragrance oils safe to use in candles? While out shopping last night I came across some oils in Aveda that were gorgeous smelling, and incredibly strong. I think they were called "diffuser oils" and were pretty expensive ($20 for a one ounce bottle)... but I would have happily paid that for these scents if they're safe. I also found some in The Body Shop that were alot cheaper, but still nice and strong. How can I tell if these oils are safe to use in candles? :confused:

$20 for ONE ounce and you would have 'happily' paid that? Oh girlfriend, you need to do some searching on-line - I can't imagine you would not find what you like or are wanting for a whole lot less that $20 for an ounce......for a pound of fo that is $320.....:tiptoe: Hopefully you will look around before you pay that kind of money! You can get a whole lot of 'sample packs' for that kind of change!

Anyhow, your question was are they candle safe? I would think that perhaps if it was oil for diffusers it might be cut with dpg or something similar but ......since you have no way of knowing what is in it or what it is I would not put it in a candle, but I would never pay that kind of money to test it! And just because it smells good in the bottle, does not mean it will smell that way in a candle....jmo

Peaks fo's are great - don't know what they carry that would be similar to Butt Naked but I use alot of their oils and almost all are wonderful!

Not meaning to offend you.....but that is just too much money to spend on fo!! (imo)

Debbie

Hey, I'm not offended Debbie! It sounds pretty outrageous to me too! I'm just an incredibly impulsive person, and the minute I smelled these fragrances, I wanted them! :D They weren't all $20... just the ones I liked best! They did have a couple of cheaper ones, but even those were $12 and $16. And they were so strong that I'm sure only a couple of drops would have been enough for an entire candle. Luckily though, I thought it best to ask you guys before I spent a small fortune... and then set my kitchen on fire using them! :cheesy2:

And I think JamaicaMeCrazy might be the closest to Butt Naked... :undecided

Well JMC is mostly pineapple and coconut (to me) so I think you would need to add some goodies, like ...

a little bit of apple (green apple, but Peaks doesn't have that)

Maybe a little spiced pear and some strawberry ... then to do a little bit of melon in it ... maybe either some cucumber melon or their honeydew.