bath bombs/ solid bubble bath?

angied

is there a diff. other than one making bubbles and the other fizzing? I would love to try some of these but dont have any sls(or whatever is used yet)

Are they basically made the same excepting for adding that? Hopefully I am making sense here:rolleyes2 And can you make each in different kinds of molds? And other than the bubbles and fizzing action is the bath melts around the same thing? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks so much

Angie

hmmm not sure i understand your ????

you can use any mold you want in either bubble bars or bath bombs. if you dont want your bubbles to fizz then leave out the CA...and yes SLSA is what you need to bubble so you add that to your mixture. there are soooooooo many recipes out there on her or just google. hth;)

spatreats4u, LOL sorry I just reread it and it was confusing:rolleyes2 so basically the CA causes the fizzing and the slsa causes the bubbles. From some of the recipes I have seen (I have saved a ton of them;) ) you usually use about the same ingredients just add either CA or SlSA to get what you want being either the fizz or the bubbles. Sorry to make things confusing.

Thanks

Angie

is there a diff. other than one making bubbles and the other fizzing? I would love to try some of these but dont have any sls(or whatever is used yet)

Are they basically made the same excepting for adding that? Hopefully I am making sense here:rolleyes2 And can you make each in different kinds of molds? And other than the bubbles and fizzing action is the bath melts around the same thing? Sorry for all the questions.

Thanks so much

Angie

OK I think I got this figured out. Bath bombs without SLS fizz like crazy but don't make bubbles that last (i.e. they are not bubble bath). Products without both baking soda AND citric acid don't fizz (but can be bubble baths).

As for molding, I think you can use anything for either, tho I haven't seen solid bubble bath in a ball shape myself. I have seen some beautiful bath bombs in all sorts of shapes made from meatballers, ornament shells, soap molds, measuring cups or anything else!

Bath melts CAN be fizzy - depends on the formula. Some are just really a mix of butters and oils - and they just melt in the tub from the heat of the water. Fizzy bath melts also have citric acid and baking soda in addition to the oils and butters, so they fizz which in my mind helps melt out and distribute the oils/butters.

Is this what you are looking to learn?

carolgrant:yay: I love you!!!!! Thanks so much for understanding what I was asking better than I did;) Thats what I was looking for but was having a hard time figuring out how to word it. Your the bomb!!

Thank you again

Angie

carolgrant:yay: I love you!!!!! Thanks so much for understanding what I was asking better than I did;) Thats what I was looking for but was having a hard time figuring out how to word it. Your the bomb!!

Thank you again

Angie

I make both and have 2 recipes that I follow. I do make bubble bars & bombs so yes they can be in the forms of balls..and any other shape your heart desires. My bubble bars can have baking soda in them along with other stuff...its only the SLSA that causes bubbles. CA is what fizzies w/ baking soda but again it can be added or deleated anywhere. you cant really make a mistake on these 2 things, its trial & error to your like / dislike.

Make sure you are actually using SLSA tho & not sls ;)