Shea ? Differences

pamperme

What is the difference in these? Which one is the best for MOST uses? There are so many I don't know what is what and I want to start to move from bases to my own stuff.

Shea Oil, Refined

Shea Butter,Refined

Shea Butter, Refined Organic

Shea Butter, Un Refined Ghana

I want to try a good shea body butter, some lip stuff and maybe even a cuticle cream and foot butter.

I have sunflower oil, soybean oil, mineral oil, and getting some beeswax

OH and which beeswax is better the white or yellow..UGH! To many ingredients so little time.

The sheas I don't know a lot about. But refined is whiter and the unrefined seems a bit sticker but more "nutritious" somehow. My sister rubs the unrefined into her heels at night and the cracks have totally healed.

For the beeswax, it is mostly a matter of what color you want. I use about 70% white and 30% yellow and it gives my lotion bars a more "natural" look. When I just hold the beeswax I can tell the yellow is a bit sticker but it doesn't seem to matter in the end prdouct. If I could only get one I guess it would be the white.

I personally avoid mineral oil because petrolatum products really aren't good for the skin and I figure if I'm goin all out I should try to use the best!

Good luck!

yea I kinda don't like the mineral oil ..but when I used soybean oil in my bath bombs my testers complained they were to oily.. maybe I should try something else for that..

but I really want to try some shea and I don't know which ONE I should start with.

Well unrefined may be a dirtier looking shea overall, but I have not noticed that to affect the color of any product I've used it in (lotion bars or soap). I don't really notice that it affects the smell any either. I've gone for the unrefined just because it has more nutritive values that aren't removed during processing.

Well unrefined may be a dirtier looking shea overall, but I have not noticed that to affect the color of any product I've used it in (lotion bars or soap). I don't really notice that it affects the smell any either. I've gone for the unrefined just because it has more nutritive values that aren't removed during processing.

I like that..I want as natural and as much of the 'good' stuff as I can get in my products so I think I will go with inrefined..and maybe some oil for lip balms and stuff.