Is my heat gun a fire hazard now?

Sounds like they are coated, which is good. Just wrap with some elec. tape, and unplug after each use, you should be fine until you are in better shape to get a new one.

My boyfriend's dad is an electrician and he said what Beth said - as long as the individual wires are still in their coating and not touching all you need to do is re-wrap in some electrical tape.

BUT if the wires are touching you'll probably just end up with a smokin' wire so be on the lookout for that. After you wrap it and use it - give it a feel to see if it's hot there. If it is - well gotta buy a new one!

Thank you Carol :thumbsup:

My boyfriend's dad is an electrician and he said what Beth said - as long as the individual wires are still in their coating and not touching all you need to do is re-wrap in some electrical tape.

BUT if the wires are touching you'll probably just end up with a smokin' wire so be on the lookout for that. After you wrap it and use it - give it a feel to see if it's hot there. If it is - well gotta buy a new one!