Emulsified Body Butter

cnsaitch

What do those of you who make emulsified body butter package it in? I made some a couple weeks ago (LOVE IT!) and scented it with Rice Flower & Shea FO and packaged it in 2 oz tins and it's rusting my tins??? :cry2: Any ideas on how to not have this happen? Or, do I just have the wrong type of tins for this particular product? Here's the weird part for me . . . I also packaged some whipped body butters (no fragrance added) in the same tins - no rust. I also packaged some emu balm in the same tins (EOs used) - no rust. Maybe it's because I used FO in the emulsified butter? I need help! Please? Anyone? Thanks in advance!

Yep, probably the water content. Although some body butters without water also might rust the tin -- depends on the fo. Certain fo's do it; others don't. Now mind you, this is what I've heard from other B&b'ers and is NOT based on my personal experience. Just passing along what info. I've heard from reliable, trusted sources. Kinda like a gossip columnist, yanno? :laugh2:

Yeah, I'm pretty convinced it is the water, the more I think about it. At least I can easily resolve that problem by not packaging that particular butter in tins cuz I ain't giving it up. What an AWESOME recipe, cindym - thanks for sharing it!

I was going to ask about water too but didn't have a chance to finish my post - I had to quickly jump off - I was at work and didn't want to get busted. LOL I've heard others that use tins with butters and no water say they had rusting as well which made me wonder if the butter didn't sweat leaving moisture in the containe? I love how the Body Shop packages their butters in the hard plastic type containers that are shaped like tins. No worries either way with those containers.