Using EO's

Hello all, first time in and happy to be here. I have to use EO's cuz FO's trigger my migraines. Having trouble with HST. Was using 1/4o.z EO /lb cargills v-1. with and with out palm stearic (5%-25%). no luck! Is there anyone else who uses EO's that can HELP?

There are very few EO's that I use straight in my candles and get a good throw........Lavender, patchouli, spearmint/eucalyptus are about it, at close to 1 oz./lb. I use my Eo's mostly in addition to my FO's to 'kick up' the scent and throw. Citrus EO's and some mints will give off a nasty fuel smell and actually fade fairly fast all by themselves. I think blends of a few EO's together give off a better throw and last longer, but you'll have to just test and see what works in your wax. Good luck!! :cool2:

Haven't tried EOs in votives yet, but I use .5 oz pp. I've read a couple places that it's better not to use stearic in the V-1; other places don't mention it at all. Are you letting your candles cure? Soy needs time to sit before putting out a good throw.