Bath melts??

storm35

I have just made my very first bath of bath melts, ptu them in freezer, i used unrefined shea, unrefined cocoa butter, and a little almond oil, put them in freezer for 20 mins, what i want to know is, what happens when they are taken out the freezer, do they not melt? How can ppl sell these? I thought they would melt as soon as you took them out the freezer??

Cxx

good to know, I've been afraid to take mine out of the freezer! I'm going to be brave today...!

20 minutes later.... Um, should have waited for a lower humidity day I think - there is some condensation on them and they are very quitely fizzing away - barely audible. I tried to pat them dry but cannot get into the little crevices on the sides. Well - let's see what happens next!

Im waiting for my supplies to come in so I make these, since I live where its hot and humid I was thinking about storing them in the fridge. Im worried about selling them, only because if someone buys them and leaves them in thier car while they shop somewhere else it I dont think they could take the heat.At least thats the impression I get from all the posts Iv read.

I may be wrong, but I thought I read that you should only leave them in the freezer 7-8 minutes, just long enough to get hard. I think by leaving them in to long they would have some condensation on them just from beeing in the freezer and then taking them out to a warm room. Someone corrrect me if I'm wrong on this.

I did the 7-8 minutes and they were perfect. Wrapped them in foil, and some that are 6 months old are still just fine. I keep them wrapped and in a plastic shoe box.

Well mine were fizzing from the condensation (they'd been in the freezer a few weeks). I put them on a paper towel, with another on top and then left for alf the day. The seem to have stabilized and look fine.

I think next time, I'll freeze them in a container, and then not open the container till the whole thing is at room temp - that way no humidity!