Royal Aromatics vs. Save On Scents

candlenubie

I have a dilemma- I am truing to decide if R=Royal Aromatics' FO are better than Save on Scents. Both have their pros and cons. AR has a wider supply but requires a $50 min purchase. :cry2: Since I have never purchased from this company before I am slightly hesitant. They will send you samples, but it would take 4 weeks to process. I am completely out so waiting for samples for 4 weeks is not an option.

Based on my searches within other threads, it seems like most agree that SOS has the best dups. Some also believe that their scents perform best in soaps, as oppose, to candles.

I guess my question is, based on everyone's experience, which company’s scents are more reliable for candles? Both are relatively located close to me, so the dreaded shipping is not a problem.

Any feedback would be appreciated and thanks to everyone in advance!

i have not had any problems with sos, i just buy the sos grade, but most of ra's that i had bought, i bought the cheap grade they just plain stunk. their new mown hay is just awful nothing like the real thing.

My experience with SOS has been that the SOME of the SOS grade scents don't perform strongly in candles...that's just a few, mind you, that didn't do well for me. The Ultra Concentrates have done extremely well, for the most part, in my candles. I only had one scent that didn't throw well...maybe two, I can't remember for sure. I haven't tried Royal Aromatics and wouldn't based on the $50.00 minimum and the 4-week wait for samples to be sent. I won't buy a scent without sampling it first and I certainly wouldn't consider waiting that long to get it either. JMHO

I've tried RA, and while their higher grade fo's worked great in my candles, their process time is terrible. I get very large wholesale orders and can't wait 2 weeks to get my FO. The 50 minimum is never a problem, but I would suggest trying them only if you can "stock up " on scents or you don't do high volume business and pretty much know what you need well in advance.

But hey, the samples are free, and the CS is good (they just get backed up), so it wouldn't hurt to have them send you some samples...who doesn't love free FO??

HTH

Lisa

I haven't had experience with SOS, but I can vouch for RA. I'm from Canada and the $50 minimum doesn't bother me one bit as I order quite a bit from them at one time. If I order on a Monday, I am sure to get my oils by Friday or the following Monday. No problems with shipping on this end. I've also never had any problems with any of the oils that I've purchased for candles, even soy wax.

Well, I too have tried both. I would strongly suggest SOS. I have had great success on the Ultra Concentrate fo's in my parasoy candles.. If you order volume, after $100 of fo's purchased, shipping is free. For me on west coast, this is huge. I have had a problem with an fo and they shipped me 2 free extreme concentrate bottles at no charge without asking. Customer service was awesome. Hope this helps.

Teri

I haven't had experience with SOS, but I can vouch for RA. I'm from Canada and the $50 minimum doesn't bother me one bit as I order quite a bit from them at one time. If I order on a Monday, I am sure to get my oils by Friday or the following Monday. No problems with shipping on this end. I've also never had any problems with any of the oils that I've purchased for candles, even soy wax.

Cheryl....is the duty from RA outrageous?

Cheryl....is the duty from RA outrageous?

I just e-mailed RA about shipping cost to Nova Scotia for 6lbs, they said between $25-$30 for the shipping. That's not counting the duty one may incur....:cry2: Sad too, cause the shipping never turns out to be that high. By mail anyway!!!

Hi Everyone!:yay:

Thanks sooooo much for your input. I guess it is one of those situations where you really just have to try each company and make up your own opinion. I used Peak before and they were great...I was just hoping to find a bigger company close by. Thanks again!

So I decided to bite the bullet and order from both. SOS samples will be ready by tomorrow. According to Carrie from RA I will have to 3-4 weeks for my samples ($2 each+shipping):shocked2: . However, she was much nicer than the person I spoke to before. Will update you all!

Thanks again,