Bramble Berry la Bomba bath bomb colorants

CareBear

Well, I snuck a batch in last night at 11pm because I just couldn't wait another minute to try my new la Bomba colors.

Pretty good - not exactly what I anticipated but much better than the bath salts colors I had gotten at Michaels!

I made a batch starting w/ 1 cup baking soda.... the usual proportions. The web site says I only need about 3 drops of color for a batch but I wanted intense so I added 6 of the "Cantelope" to my liquids and added it all. Got a very nice cantelope color - but not very intense. I then splashed in another 6 drops or so directly into my batch and sieved as usual. Got a pretty look because the added color made some pretty specks.

But I want colors as intense as the ones from Kristine'sShower - JENNY HOW DO YOU DO IT???

Still quite lovely!

I found that if you mix the colors first with a little water that they will disperse better and the colors will come through darker. I tried to add them to my oils and FO but they would not mix in that well doing it that way. I do find that all of the colors are very similiar and not much variation between them which kind of disappointed me. But overall, I do really like them.

Water, hunh. Well I only use about half a teaspoon of water in my batches - and I shake that up in a jar with my oils & FO. Hmmmm. Thinking... Thinking...

Have you seen Jenny's bombs? The colors are spectacular! Wonder what she uses...

No I haven't seen Jenny's bombs. Now you have me curious. I do really like the La Bomba colors but they do take some time to mix in. If I don't mix the colors in with a little water, I make sure to spritz the mixture with witch hazel which helps get those color drops mixed in a bit better. I haven't been able to get really dark colors but like I said, the water seemed to help.

Do the Wilton colors stain your hands or clothes if they get on you? The La Bomba dyes don't stain your hands at all which I thought was very interesting. But I would like to get deeper richer color too and the Wilton dyes have me very intrigued.

Do the Wilton colors stain your hands or clothes if they get on you? The La Bomba dyes don't stain your hands at all which I thought was very interesting. But I would like to get deeper richer color too and the Wilton dyes have me very intrigued.

I'll find some this week if it kills me!

I'm thinking that it might be fun to make a light part with La Bomba and a contrasting dark part (with something!!!

) and swirl them or something.

Try Walmart - I'm told they carry them in the craft section. Grumpy girl passed on this tidbit of info to me about a week ago. I just haven't had time to venture there nor have I been in the mood to put up the Wallyworld crowds.

Try Walmart - I'm told they carry them in the craft section. Grumpy girl passed on this tidbit of info to me about a week ago. I just haven't had time to venture there nor have I been in the mood to put up the Wallyworld crowds.

Would you believe I've never been to Walmart? I think there is one about 10 miles or so from here. Maybe I'll have to brave it!

Well I can't say that you are missing much. Out Walmart is usually full of trailor trash lowlifes with a few middle class citizens mixed in here and there. You do save money though so it can be a good place to get some items. Me, I'd rather pay a little bit more and go to that expensive french store - you know Tarshjay (target). LOL

Oooh, LOVE the trashy french Tarshjay store!

No, they don't stain your hands nor do they stain the tub. At least the ones I've tested in. I can't say about the clothing though, I haven't had to find that out yet.

Thanks Grumpy. You had mentioned that they didn't stain the tub but was wondering about the hands. I wear an apron but sometimes will touch my clothes and didn't want to get them stained nor walk around with pink hands. LOL