Labcolors-Red

maryann

I received my LC Red the other day and have a ?? about adding it to CP. I've been STRUGGLING with trying to achieve a true red. I know some use this colorant with success and I'm hoping to get some advice. The directions below say you can use them undiluted, which is what I'd like to do. Does or has anyone used this color in CP successfully w/out diluting it?? AND if so how much do you recommend for a 3lb batch?? TIA :)

Labcolors may be used by the drop or by mixing with water and are packaged in our new dropper bottles to give you the flexibility to either use them by the drop undiluted or if you prefer to mix them into liquids.

To mix with water: add the contents of the 10ml bottle to 8 ounces of water. or add contents of the 20 ml bottle to 16 ounces of water.

We recommend between 3/4 ounce to 1-1/2 ounce (1 1/2 T - 3T) of diluted color PER POUND to raw, thinly traced cold process soap (Oils + lye water). This is a generalization so be sure to look up the blending information for the particular color you're interested in.

Not sure how much to tell you to use, but I diluted it, and used 3 oz in a 6 lb batch and it was still pink. Need to order some more and use it straight up..lol

I'd just try a drop or two at a time and keep good notes!