Libbey Status Jar Diameters

I've noticed that the #478 status jar (12.25 oz) appears in both the food service and the special markets catalog. In both places it's called #478, but one lists the top diameter as 3 1/8" and the other says 3 1/4". I have a case of them and you could say they're just about 3 1/8" taking the glass into account. I think the 3 1/4" is a mistake and they're both the same jar, but I just want to double check...does anyone know whether the diameter has ever changed or if there's ever been more than one version? I don't want to run into lid fitting problems or have to change wicking.

The manufacturer's part number is different in the two catalogues as well.

I believe their special markets stuff is manufactured in Mexico. If the dinnerware stuff is made in Toledo it's possible that it's a different glass, although their 7.5oz has identical specs and different part numbers.

If no one knows here I'd call Toledo and see what they can tell you.

The manufacturer's part number is different in the two catalogues as well.

I believe their special markets stuff is manufactured in Mexico. If the dinnerware stuff is made in Toledo it's possible that it's a different glass, although their 7.5oz has identical specs and different part numbers.

If no one knows here I'd call Toledo and see what they can tell you.

Thanks. My case is printed with part number 054234, which is listed as 3 1/4 in the food service catalog, but they are 3 1/8 (which I suspect is the size they all are). Confusing.

Frankly I didn't think it would be that easy to find someone to talk to in Toledo, which is why I started here, but actually it was no problem. So here's the answer...

#478 is the actual part number. The SCC number varies according to how products are packaged. So it's the same item in both catalogs and the same dimensions. It's a 3 inch diameter container (maybe a shade under 3 1/8 all told) as expected. Where it's described as 3 1/4 is apparently a mistake.