hurricane experts, help!!!!

ok, I hate trying to to embed and want to talk to this out.... I am putting Bible verses in them, and will decorate with flowers afterwards around the edges.........

do you have to put them in a water bath to get clarity???? When ever I try this, it starts setting up so fast or using the ice cube, and I can tell wax is getting behind the paper. At this point, I remove the cube or cloth, reheat the side of the mold with a heat gun and start again, ugggg....that drives me crazy.

I did one last night, poured at 200, and just let it sit on the table and when I saw it cooling, I pressed against the paper again, because I could tell it wasn't stuck, just kept on doing that until I was ready to pour the center out. (this took awhile)

The top part is good, but as it goes down the paper, it gets less clear.

I just want to know if I am trying to do something that will never work, and I need to just master the cold cloth, ice cube technique....if so..after it has attached, do you still need to put it in a bath??cold or warm???

thanks. I am about to give up on this and just continue doing the flowers on the outside. I am so jealous of all the pic of the perfectly clear pictures.

I have found some 'Cane waxes just wont work no matter what you do. I still have yet to find the right wax and additive combo to make this work. I have tried every technique... wet wash cloth, wet wash cloth with ice, cold water bath, room temp. water bath etc.

Klo, what I do is to pour into my mold at around 200. I always dip whatever I'm going to be inserting into wax and let cool before I insert it. This is just for my piece of mind and it gives it a coat of wax so that it makes it easier to handle.

Then I insert my item into the mold, take a bamboo skewer and hold into place from the inside of the mold, while taking another one and rubbing against the item to release any air bubbles. I do this a few times over the whole thing. Then, while still holding a skewer against the inside, I take a piece of ice and rub over the outside of my mold to set a small section of the item at the time. Once I've gotten the item completely set with wax, I then take it quickly to my water bath. I don't use ice in my water bath, just cold water from the faucet.

It takes alittle practice, but it really works. HTH Portia

Klo, what I do is to pour into my mold at around 200. I always dip whatever I'm going to be inserting into wax and let cool before I insert it. This is just for my piece of mind and it gives it a coat of wax so that it makes it easier to handle.

Then I insert my item into the mold, take a bamboo skewer and hold into place from the inside of the mold, while taking another one and rubbing against the item to release any air bubbles. I do this a few times over the whole thing. Then, while still holding a skewer against the inside, I take a piece of ice and rub over the outside of my mold to set a small section of the item at the time. Once I've gotten the item completely set with wax, I then take it quickly to my water bath. I don't use ice in my water bath, just cold water from the faucet.

It takes alittle practice, but it really works. HTH Portia

What wax and additives do you use? I have tried IGI 1260 'Cane wax with a melt point of 163* F with no luck.

Try 5055 from Candlewic with 1/2 oz of Micro 180 pp. I used 1260 for over 2 yrs with limited success. It is so much easier with the 5055. Klo did you read through the embed instructions under Techniques and Ideas? I do the same as Portia - dip my picture 1st in the Presto pot and set it aside. Heat your mold before pouring the wax at 200. It just takes some practice using a skewer or spoon to hold the picture in place while applying the ice cubes to the outside. And yes you will get better results if you put it in a water bath for 10 minutes or so. Good Luck

Try 5055 from Candlewic with 1/2 oz of Micro 180 pp. I used 1260 for over 2 yrs with limited success. It is so much easier with the 5055. Klo did you read through the embed instructions under Techniques and Ideas? I do the same as Portia - dip my picture 1st in the Presto pot and set it aside. Heat your mold before pouring the wax at 200. It just takes some practice using a skewer or spoon to hold the picture in place while applying the ice cubes to the outside. And yes you will get better results if you put it in a water bath for 10 minutes or so. Good Luck

I have, but it's hard to hold the stick up against the paper, smooth with the other and then start the icing. It seemed as soon as I put the cube on white starts appearing and I know its setting up and I panic, thinking its not completly stuck against the side.

I experimented with mulberry paper last night instead of the copy paper and I really like the results but didn't get a perfectly clear image all the way down. I pm'd Donita to get her thoughts on using this paper, as far as longivity. I am wondering if the paper would fall apart over time.

I want to but shipping for one box to me is 62% of the total cost of the wax.

I've got to get my own shipper # from FedEx. I'm a member of NFIB (National Federation of Independent Business) http://www.nfib.com/page/home and get a 12% discount in shipping from FedEx.

Candle Man - I don't know if Candlewic ships Fed Ex but it's worth checking out for that kind of savings.

Klo - That's what it is suppose to do when you apply the ice. Do what Portia said. Place the picture in the mold. Use 2 skewers - I use chop sticks - to place the picture and work them across the picture to work out all the air bubbles. When you are sure you have all the bubble squeezed out, hold the picture in place and apply the ice cube to that area. Move the skewer and ice cube together. I do use 24 lb bright white HP paper. Copy paper never worked for me.