EZ Soy from BC

I have had 500 lbs this wax for at least a couple years & I am thinking I should make some candles with it. I have been making candles with the BP Global & before that Dusseck waxes for about 5 years. Is this wax any good. I know you melt it to 175, add dye, stir well, cool to 120 & add fragrance, stir well, cool to 100 & at slushy stage pour. My wicks I use in my candles are 62-52-18 zinc. I do have a few samples I can try also. Any other suggestions.:cheesy2:

I would add my FO at about 165-170 and pour around 100 or when slushy. Also, zincs don't usually do well with soy - they don't burn hot enough but there are some that do like zincs in soy. I think most don't like the zincs and prefer HTPs, CD and ECOs in soy. You can add some BW to help with frosting. I'd recommend sticking with around 1%-5% - but don't go over 5% or you might have to wick up and it could cause cracking. BW loads do have to be adjusted according to the weather - you will need to test to see what % works for you.

JMO - I never liked 100% EZ Soy because of the ugly tops, frosting & having to waite to pour at the slush stage. If you mix another wax with it you get flat tops, no frosting & can pour hot. This blend has great cold & hot throw, of course that depends on the quality & amount of FO with the right wick.