Wick Starting Point Suggestions for 4627 / Comfort Blend

I have just about every wick under the sun at my disposal. I just received this wax, for testing and, was wondering if someone could recommend a starting point. Mine is a 3.25" diameter straight sided, frosted tumbler. I would like to minimize sooting (obviously) and maximize scent throw.

For those of you who use this VERY difficult to handle wax (did I mention it was difficult to work with), what wicks have you had success with, in terms of minimizing soot, mushrooming, etc?

I work with that sometimes, and I use paper cored wicks. Most of my 3 inch containers use a 44-24-18, there are a few heavy scents that use a 60-44-18 and a couple sizes in between, I'm home right now so I don't have the numbers right in front of me. They're kind of so so as far as the mushrooming thing goes, but they seem to burn better than zinc does and don't appear to smoke any more than zinc does. Usually smoking issues can be resolved with a smaller wick, but not always.

I tested this wax a lot and I like this wax, I've not had many of the smoking problems with it at all, and the mushrooms have been minimal for me, I used zinc wick, but only used this wax in 8 oz jj, and i used mostly a 44-24-18z.

Testing other waxes, but this one still beats out the others on scent throw.

• 5 months later...
:D :D
I work with that sometimes, and I use paper cored wicks. Most of my 3 inch containers use a 44-24-18, there are a few heavy scents that use a 60-44-18 and a couple sizes in between, I'm home right now so I don't have the numbers right in front of me. They're kind of so so as far as the mushrooming thing goes, but they seem to burn better than zinc does and don't appear to smoke any more than zinc does. Usually smoking issues can be resolved with a smaller wick, but not always:D quote]I was wondering if you have tried any additives with this wax.It seems pretty good without, but wonder how good the hot throw might be with additives.