Beer candles & coke with ice

dballinger

HI, not going to be much help for you regarding beer colours as we use very concentrated powders and pour up many lbs. at a time however for the coke candles you can make the cubes in actual icecube trays, pour and let set. It also may help to put a very light film of mineral oil on the trays, very light though, to aid in pulling them out.

If you don't have any trays you can always pour into a dish a suitable depth, let set then cut them up.

HTH

Wendy

You can use gold and/or brown color blocks ...depending on how hearty you like your beer :) it will only take a tiny bit so be careful.

Ice cubes, get a square cake pan, pour in the clear gel (I scent this too) when set just cut to size....you can use scissors which makes it really easy.

If you want crushed ice, just take the gel and shred it...pick it apart into small pieces. Add small pieces to the very top.....okay, now I want a coke.

For the beer color, I use ivory liquid dye and just a touch of red. By a touch I mean a smidge on a toothpick and swish it around in the gel. For ice cubes, I cut the gel into cubes with scissors and hit whatever is sticking out of the "cola" with a heat gun so it looks somewhat melted. HTH some.

• 2 weeks later...

I used yellow with a smidge of orange. I took it to the VFW and put it on the bar. The bartender thought it was real. I also had over 10 people ask me to make them one!

• 2 weeks later...

I use a color called golden yellow. I use to make the cubes but now I pour he candle and after it sets up I break off pieces of the gel and put them on top. Hit with a heat gun and it looks just like chunks of ice are sticking out.

Cay

I made another one the other night but sold it before I could even take a pic. I used yellow and just the tip of a toothpick of orange. Got it nailed. Tested it in a bar.