question about JS fruit slices fo

jolsen1973

PA - you don't even use JS oils, so why is your nose stuck in every single negative post that is in regards to JS? You don't call that stirring the pot? Why do you want to add your catty remarks about oils you do not stock or use? I would call that stirring the pot and yes, causing trouble.

And now you are trying to justify the remarks you and your buddies have made. Why try to flip the post around to make yourself look so innocent.

You all were quick to jump right in after Jolsen posted making the situation even worse. You all add fire to the flame and now want to jump on the people who actually use JS oils and haven't had any problems.

If it is okay to post about problems, then it should be perfectly okay to post positive remarks as well.

I don't think anyone has said JS is perfect - but there sure as hell aren't as many problems as you and your buddies would like to let on. I haven't met anyone yet who is perfect.

You definitely have your own opinion. Others are also entitled to their own opinions. Even if you don't agree. CT has always been such a helpful pleasant board to be on until recently. You all spend so much time making snide comments that are not necessary or appreciated by many of us.

I still can't believe Sliver got by with calling Just Scent Just S**t. A perfect example of crude behavior that should not be tolerated. Again, another person who has never used JS and never will - but they can call a supplier rude names just to jump on the wagon.

If JS wasn't reputable, why would they have offered to refund or send new oils to anyone who had floaties in the choccolata?

I feel bad for Jolsen that she had to be put through the wringer because of your dislike for JS. You all are very transparent and it is getting boring. I think it is time to move on to the next subject.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miss Melly, I did not say I had never used Just Scent. I said I have never bought Just Scent. Miss Annie has sent me some to test to see if I got the same negative result as she did. I got the same negative result. It was no good. I tested it and threw it out. It was not worthy. There were 13 scents that we have shared test results over a period of about a year.

On a positive note, none of it had sticks, cocoa, twigs, berries, waste material, or anything unidentifiable in it. It just wasn't good fo.

Who is reading things that aren't there? It seems fine to mention that scents are no good. That's why we're here. To share. I didn't think that was stirring any pots. Any honest review is a good review, even if it is not what you want to hear.

She should raise her prices to cover the cost of all the solid waste matter in her bottles

Since none of the oils you "tested" had any miscellaneous items in them, you can post the statement above? And how about the Just S**t comment? I believe both of those posts could be called pot stirring and BTW, I don't think either of those remarks by any stretch of the imagination can be called a scent review. hmmmm.....THIS seems highly suspect to me.

My beef is not with the fact that you didn't find the oils to work for you. So what. Move on. You all hijack posts and turn them into an attack on the integrity of the company with rude remarks and name calling.

That entire thread was never about reviewing a scent. You all turned it into a bash fest as soon as that poor girl asked her question. One more excuse for you to blast JS.

Enough already.

Since none of the oils you "tested" had any miscellaneous items in them, you can post the statement above? And how about the Just S**t comment? I believe both of those posts could be called pot stirring and BTW, I don't think either of those remarks by any stretch of the imagination can be called a scent review. hmmmm.....THIS seems highly suspect to me.

My beef is not with the fact that you didn't find the oils to work for you. So what. Move on. You all hijack posts and turn them into an attack on the integrity of the company with rude remarks and name calling.

That entire thread was never about reviewing a scent. You all turned it into a bash fest as soon as that poor girl asked her question. One more excuse for you to blast JS.

Enough already.

Exactly...ENOUGH ALREADY!

We are not going to agree on this issue. You seem to get upset if anyone says anything bad about JS. I actually think my post was rather nice. Look back. The thread started over "floaties" and then all the JS fans were saying they had no floaties and even had the nerve to ask the poor girl if it was really a JS FO. Jolsen had a legitimate question...then a lot of people chimed in with the no floaties here and made it look like an isolated inncident.....it isnt.

JS has a few FO's that I would still use, but we have been over that. I will find replacements or drop them from my line. She does have great customer service, I will not argue with that. Seems there has been a whole lot of defending JS on this board. In my opinion if the oils were the bomb then the company wouldnt need so many of its clients to stand up for it. Becky is on here enough...she knows who says what....LMAO Ask me how I know...seems she should defend herself.

Miss melly, I have nothing against you or any JS users. Just like you said...enough already...let it go.

floaties? yewwww. I would call them. Doesn't matter who the supplier was, I would call them. It should be plain old oil.. I wouldn't strain anything ever. No matter how good. yuck.

You are lucky it was a company with good customer service, it could have been one of the bad ones and you would have been stuck. One lady was just saying it took her 6 weeks to get her order! yikes

You definitely have your own opinion. Others are also entitled to their own opinions. Even if you don't agree. CT has always been such a helpful pleasant board to be on until recently. You all spend so much time making snide comments that are not necessary or appreciated by many of us.

I have been a member of this board for a few years and a lurker before that and I have to tell you, there has always been and always will be disagreements. There was a time when this board was alot worse and folks fought constantly - that was when it was sponsored by Peaks and then turned over - and I am not implying in any way that this board was worse because of Peaks - just giving a frame of reference. So I'm not sure if you have been around long to remember those times but am guessing you haven't based on your statement. I have liked some of JS FOs and some I have not but I have no opinion one way or the other on JS' scents and won't even go there.

In defense of PA - I have read many, many posts of hers that are helpful as well as positive. I think she was just pointing out a very valid fact. You just didn't like it and agree with it which is perfectly O.K. but you are attacking someone just like you accuse others of doing. I think everyone just needs to calm down and not let so much get you all riled up. It ain't the end of the world and your very existence should not be dependent upon the opinion of others. It should be like oil on a ducks back. :)

I just wish that people could post constructive criticism. If you get an oil from ANY company and it stinks don't rush to CT and say, "OH MY GAWD (enter oil and supplier here) smells like cat pee!! I barfed all over my keyboard!!" because sometimes what people post are damaging to others.

Oh, but I do want you to post that you tested XXX and it smelled awful. I just don't want an OOB review, which is basically useless as the properties change in wax. I value the opinions of others, good and bad.

And its nice when posting review to include other info like wax, additives and wicks used. These can make a difference too. I could care less of the OOB review because I have found FOs that stink to high heaven OOB but put it in an application like wax or soap, and it smells wonderful. I've also had ones that the OOB smell is great but once in wax or soap, it is just horrible.

The issue isn't Jolsen's honest question, but the many rude remarks made by you and your friends. They are certainly not constructive or helpful, so why make them?????? The perfect example of how to twist things to your own agenda, lol. :rolleyes2

AMEN sista!

The few that despise JS really need to grow up.

I've ordered from suppliers that those few LOVE and have

had floaties. Wha. Get over the fact that JS is a

fabulous supplier.

Waxwench, you are doing exactly what you accuse those that don't like JS of doing - just in reverse. It's a supplier for crying out loud and not everyone will like and agree on all suppliers. I swear, some peeps on this board act like their own babies are being attacked when an opinion is stated. You like JS, perfectly O.K., and some don't, again perfectly O.K. And opinions one way or the other are expressed and this SHOULD be perfectly O.K. too without either side getting attacked for stating their opinion. Perhaps some day you will read raves about a supplier that you don't like. But that doesn't mean that the person raving about that particular supplier isn't correct in what they are saying or that you wouldn't be correct in your opinion/dislike either. See where I am coming from. I personally don't think floaties in an FO would be O.K. with me - and I am not talking about an FO crystalizing either. Also, I've never had floaties or any problems of that nature in my FOs from JS but would NEVER think to imply to someone posting that about a problem with a supplier and/or their products they are wrong or pot stirring nor would I imply that they couldn't possibley be talking about a certain supplier just because I like them and/or have never had problems with them. I don't think that those you claim to hate JS would take offense should you post your problem with a supplier that they like. I could be wrong, but I truly don't think so. Try it and see what happens. ;)

AMEN sista!

The few that despise JS really need to grow up.

I've ordered from suppliers that those few LOVE and have

had floaties. Wha. Get over the fact that JS is a

fabulous supplier.

I would really be curious to know who 'those few' or 'you all' (Miss Melly)or 'you and your friends' are?? I am sick to death of you (the collective 'you'), who don't know shit, who come here and begin bashing others opinions.....If you have a problem with a supplier or a question, ask it....then you have asked for opinions and you are going to get a wide variety of answers - some that you like and some that you don't ..... just the nature of asking opinions. Why does anyone who doesn't care for a supplier 'have to get over it' or 'grow up' or, move on'?? You are therefore suggesting that we all must love JS or else we 'need to grow up'?? Jeez! Course this is just your opinion, right?? Well here is my opinion - Get out!! (forget about growing up or getting over it or moving on - just get out, go away, or stfu!)

ENOUGH!!

Waxwench, you are doing exactly what you accuse those that don't like JS of doing - just in reverse. It's a supplier for crying out loud and not everyone will like and agree on all suppliers. I swear, some peeps on this board act like their own babies are being attacked when an opinion is stated. You like JS, perfectly O.K., and some don't, again perfectly O.K. And opinions one way or the other are expressed and this SHOULD be perfectly O.K. too without either side getting attacked for stating their opinion. Perhaps some day you will read raves about a supplier that you don't like. But that doesn't mean that the person raving about that particular supplier isn't correct in what they are saying or that you wouldn't be correct in your opinion/dislike either. See where I am coming from. I personally don't think floaties in an FO would be O.K. with me - and I am not talking about an FO crystalizing either. Also, I've never had floaties or any problems of that nature in my FOs from JS but would NEVER think to imply to someone posting that about a problem with a supplier and/or their products they are wrong or pot stirring nor would I imply that they couldn't possibley be talking about a certain supplier just because I like them and/or have never had problems with them. I don't think that those you claim to hate JS would take offense should you post your problem with a supplier that they like. I could be wrong, but I truly don't think so. Try it and see what happens. ;)

You are right. Opinions are like arssholes. Everyone has one.

It's those that stir the crap with JS all the time.

It's just getting old.

I've bought from long-time reputable suppliers and have had floaties.

Did I freak out? No. Did I call the supplier? Yes.

Did I post on a message board that I had floaties? No.

Grow up already people.

I would really be curious to know who 'those few' or 'you all' (Miss Melly)or 'you and your friends' are?? I am sick to death of you (the collective 'you'), who don't know shit, who come here and begin bashing others opinions.....If you have a problem with a supplier or a question, ask it....then you have asked for opinions and you are going to get a wide variety of answers - some that you like and some that you don't ..... just the nature of asking opinions. Why does anyone who doesn't care for a supplier 'have to get over it' or 'grow up' or, move on'?? You are therefore suggesting that we all must love JS or else we 'need to grow up'?? Jeez! Course this is just your opinion, right?? Well here is my opinion - Get out!! (forget about growing up or getting over it or moving on - just get out, go away, or stfu!)

ENOUGH!!

*Yawn*

Write a book and bore me some more.

I will never understand the whiney ways of some chandlers.

The get over it is the whining about certain suppliers. Duh.

So now take your own advice and get out, go away and STFU.

You are right. Opinions are like arssholes. Everyone has one.

It's those that stir the crap with JS all the time.

It's just getting old.

I've bought from long-time reputable suppliers and have had floaties.

Did I freak out? No. Did I call the supplier? Yes.

Did I post on a message board that I had floaties? No.

Grow up already people.

That is your perogative to not post it here and call the supplier. And if that works for you, great. However, it certainly doesn't make you better than anyone else. But peeps shouldn't be slammed if they post it here and ask if this is normal. You need to realize that you are doing exactly what you complain about those that bash JS are doing. As I said, I have no opinions of JS one way or the other. Some of the FOs have worked for me, some have not. It's the same with any supplier and their FOs. Do I think that if some FOs don't work for me this makes a horrible supplier? Absolutely not. But I am mature enough to realize that we won't all agree and like the same suppliers. If there are those that you claim are stirring the pot, perhaps you need to be old enough to ignore it if you don't agree. Or be big enough to agree to disagree. Now that is something that takes maturity.

I think you my dear are the one that needs to grow up.

ENOUGH!!

You are so funny! I laughed at this until I had tears rolling down my cheeks. I could picture the veins bulging in your head and neck as you hammered away at your keyboard! Your alter ego is blossoming! It's been a long time since I had such a good laugh.

Thanks for for such an eloquent speech and for showing me the door. But, I'm thinking I'll stick around and exercise my freedom of speech, the same as "you all" do. ;)

Ya know, after reading some negative stuff a few of you continuously write about JS; I checked all of my oils. I don't have one oil that has anything floating around in it. Not one. I don't get it.

Given the fact that JS has lightening fast shipping, excellent CS and great oils, JS is and will remain one of my favorite suppliers. I have been real happy with the oils I get there.

I got 5 pounds of fruit slices last week. No floaties. It is a really strong oil and has always done well for me.

How do i find js oils can you give me a phone number or a email address

please email me a tjjones3672000@aol.com if any one else knows a good oil supplyer please email me asap...:yay:

I found a floatie in my pepsi the other day, after my DS had a couple drinks.

I didn't call the supplier, I just let him finish it. Was that the right thing to do?

What were you thinking? You should have posted it here, for all to question!

ROTF! Now, that's funny!

Thanks for the good laugh on a Friday and to all,

have a dandy weekend!

I found a floatie in my pepsi the other day, after my DS had a couple drinks.

I didn't call the supplier, I just let him finish it. Was that the right thing to do?

OMG Carrie you are one funny lady!!! I love to start to my day with a laugh. Thanks. :highfive:

Oh and BTW, yes you did the right thing!

I am fairly new to candle making and check these boards daily for information AND to admire everyone's work and creative thinking!

I have only ordered my FO's from three different suppliers. We all know FO's are not cheap, so if I received a bottle with "something" floating in it, I would probably be on Candletech anyway and just post a quick question asking if this was normal and ok to use it. I would not think that it would be construed as a "slam" against the supplier. That would not have been my intent, and I am sure it was not the original poster's intent.

At this point, I would be mortified that my quick question has turned into a bashing.

Just the viewpoint from a newbie....

Why don't we just reply if we have used JS Fruit Slices and answer the question asked. Then there would be less problems.

That is till the next floatie comes along.

Geez five pages of arguing. You guys are losing your touches! LOL!