Need container suggestions for the fundraiser

If anyone has experience with container candles and a little time to help me sort out which containers I might look into for this fundraiser I would very much appreciate it. I've made soy candles before, have 8# on hand as well as the wicks but I do need some reasonably priced containers and I'm going to need to order quickly since I have less than a month to pull these together. She only wants a dozen to gauge interest but I want to make sure I produce the best product that I can produce and I've read about certain containers being somewhat of a problem. I do have a dozen 6 oz tureen jars on hand.

You can PM me or email me at:

dncgfthr1@yahoo.com

Thanks all in advance!

Sheryl

You have committed to a fundraiser and you don't have a tested product? I am not at all trying to flame you. Please do not take it like that but the art of candle making takes a lot of testing and time to get a finished product. I have been making candles for almost 2 years now and have stuck with 2 containers and tarts. I am testing other things but would not even think of selling them yet until I am POSITIVE they are safe and near perfect. I have finally achieved a great candle with my 2 containers and am not only confident in them but very proud of them. After testing and retesting and letting family and friends enjoy them as I continued to test, I am finally taking my first large fundrasier order. Anyway, I just wanted to say be careful because you do not want to have this come back on you in a negative way or for someone to get hurt. Best of Luck!

I don't do soy but I am using 16oz jelly jars.

since you are fairly untested in various containers.. I would reccomend simple, smooth sided jelly jars 8 oz and 16 oz.. they are cheap and easy.. and might genaerate interest in your product, which as you refine.. you can attempt nicer jars.. I have been making container candles for 3 yrs.. have only sold jelly jars.. I have tried many other containers but for now sell what works best... and after 3 years am JUST NOW doing my first craft show:shocked2: .. I was comfortable selling on small scales for awhile and am now confident I have the quality for a wider market... good luck

Thanks all...I always appreciate input. Actually I have made soy containers before and the jar sizes are almost identical. I'll try both single and double wicking to decide which works the best though since I have just discovered that some people use the doubles in the tureens. The wax and wicks that I have burning in my test right now are doing fine just as they did 3 years ago before I took a hiatus. I do intend to test further with the tureens however but I haven't chosen a scent...at least yet today.

Sheryl