presto non stick finish......

Has anyone else had problems with some of this coming off in the wax?

I have 4 pots and it seems 2 of them are losing some finish... I am super careful not to scratch/ scrape the bottom, i use wooden paint sticks for stirring, never metal....I thought at first it was stuff in the wax but I have melted and strained in a non presto and the wax is clean then put the same batch in the presto and strained and there was the stuff again......BLARG BLARG BLARG!!!!!!!:angry2:

It might be time to get some new pesto pots. The black flakes will just get worse. I have one that is 3 years old and its started to flake a few months back but now is so bad that I've stopped using, Dh said theres no way to fix it. :cry2: Unless some one here knows how to refinish it?

Just get a wire brush that can be attached to a drill and take the coating off. I know a few people who have done this and it's not that hard and then you never have to worry about it again. The coating is to keep food from sticking...we don't have that problem with wax.