ISO something cooling...

Try incorporating them into little tiny bath bombs? I'm working on "foot pearls" that are just formed by using two round measuring spoons pushed together like other bomb shaping stuff. they are really cute. I think 1.5 tsp would be the right size, or 1 tsp maybe. Add some peppermint EO and you are off and running...

Gonna have to try this - anyone got a pinch of menthol crystals?

Made some todya, but can't find my camera. I used an aromatherapy blend from www.essentialoils.org in them - cause I wanted the whole experience to be renewing. It is called CERMT (Awesome therapeutic blend that was used by aromatherapists and CERtified Massage Therapists on the rescue workers during the 9/11 crisis in New York city. This blend contains the finest variety of each type of oil including Wild Crafted lavender, Organic Rosemary, Organic Eucalyptus, Organic Fir, Organic Naiouli, Organic Tea Tree and Peppermint Super. )

I tried them in hot water and the scent came up amazing. Next I will try in cool water to see if it is cooling .

When I get my camery I"ll post the pics in that area.

What a good idea carolgrant! Be sure to post us some pictures when you got some.

If you use menthol crystals, remember that a very little goes a long way. I was recently reading an MSDS on it and it says the powder from them can be rough on your lungs. Also, the vapor from dissolving them in water is quite harsh to breathe (ask me how I know). :sad2:

OMG!!! I tried it in cool water and it felt amazing! I only soaked for about 5 minutes cause I should be cleaning (Ha!), but even now, 15 minutes later, my feet still feel a little cool. I'm barefoot and can imagine on a hot night sliding into bed with nice cool feet....

Gotta go put my shoes on now!

I didn't use any of the menthol crystals themselves, just the EO blend.

I just use a basic bath bomb recipe - with no oils except the essential oil blend. I think next time I'll put in a TOUCH of sunflower oil though.

For this half-batch I used

1/2 cup baking soda

1/4 cup citric acid

1/4 cup cornstarch

1/8 cup epsom salts

1 t alcohol

1 t EO blend (the CERMT blend from www.essentialoils.org)

I sifted the dry together 3X, and separately shook together in a jar the alcohol and EO (I always do that if I have a mix of alcohols, oils and waters, did it by habit this time).

I mixed the alcohol/EO mix into the bowl of dry, and then quickly sieved it because this is the only way I can get it all mixed up well!

It was a little dry so I gave it a spritz with alcohol, then formed my balls!

Nothing fancy!

Ohhh now you're making me jealous carolgrant! Care to share the reicpe? Or are you just using a basic bath bomb reicpe with the added crystals, and making them in a smaller size?

Finally.... got the picture thing figured out.

One bag has the bigger "pearls" - molded from two 1-tsp measuring spoons. and there are 3 of these just out. The other bag has smaller pearls - from half-teaspoon measuring spoons.

I like 1 of the big ones, or two small ones in a footbath. I figure to recommend cool water if your feet are hot, and warm water if your main goal is the aromatherapy - though the scent comes up GREAT either way.

I need to work on my pearls - some came out kinda grainy, and I want to minimize the ridge around the middle I think since I will package in celo bags and don't want that dust.

So.... what do you think?

post-3683-13945840242_thumb.jpg