wax crumbles?

I don't know what the name of these are but I have seen them in the store. They are pieces of crumbled wax (some I have seen are semi-circles even) that you can scoop out and put in tart warmers. They come in different scents and colors.

Can anyone help me figure out the name of them and does anyone know how to make them? I think it would be a cool addition to my line.

Thanks so much!:wave:

If they are wax crumbles, they are really easy to make, just a bit messy. Just make your tart wax as usual & allow it to cool a bit, then whip it like you were going to frost a cake. I use a fork to stir it around until the crumbs start holding together. I usually pour these into a large cake pan & kinda shake it around, this makes the crumbs more round looking. There will be small ones & large ones. I break up the really large ones & kinda squeeze the really small ones into larger ones. I keep this up until I like the finished size. When they have cooled, you will probably have to stir them again because they might stick to the pan a bit. These can be stored in a container, or packages in smaller cello bags. HTH

Pam R

Here's a recipe I found. I haven't tried it yet; but still thought I would pass it along.

Crumblies: Use 140 melt point wax with 1 tablespoon of steric and 1/4 teaspoon of vybar 103 per pound of wax. Add 3 tablespoons of fragrance oil per pound (amount can be adjusted if desired). Use a whisk, whip, let cool. Come back and keep stirring and letting cool until it gets hard and crumblie.

Sounds interesting! :wink2: