How do you ship in summer?

I am new to the biz and new to the site. Hi all. I have someone in another state who may want my candles and I make 100% soy and haven't figured out the best way to ship them. Is using cool packs the only way? Has anyone refrigerated or frozen their candles before shipment? Thanks.

I just make sure they recieve them by the end of the week. We do not ship on fridays in the summer and if it can't get there by friday, it waits to ship on Monday. Its usually sitting in the warehouse over the weekend that may causes problems. Just give them lots of insulation(newspaper, pack peantuts, etc).

I am new to the biz and new to the site. Hi all. I have someone in another state who may want my candles and I make 100% soy and haven't figured out the best way to ship them. Is using cool packs the only way? Has anyone refrigerated or frozen their candles before shipment? Thanks.

I though about the refrigeration too....though I am afriad of sweating candles! I am going to try out the ice packs....shipping a candle to AZ to see what happens.....though I would have to agree with "barncat" DONT ship on Fridays! Also...make sure the candles are packaged up right!!!

I would think cool packs could get a little pricey. I don't know if I'd freeze it as you might end up with condensation build up in the wick making it difficult to light or keep lit. I think shipping early in the week and good insulation is the key. JMO

Thanks all! I went through the archives and actually found a great tip-freezing the PACKING MATERIAL- (the peanuts and bubble wrap) and a great discount site for the cool packs that average 50 cents a pack. Hope this IS a problem for me, so far a lot of interest but no shipping this summer yet. One last craft fair until August and then working on my site. Maybe 1 flea market to get rid of my spring stuff but really concentrating on marketing this summer to get my sales up, up, up. Keeping the faith.