Issues with a name

My wife and I are starting our candle company and having difficulty finding a good name. We had a few things were looking at and I was wondering what everyone thought. First of all, we are thinking about having 2 seperate names and labels to appeal to 2 different demographics (one for the 20-35 "craftsters" and one more traditional), but we're also thinking that maybe too much work. One name we're working with right now my wife likes but I'm not to sure about: Scents of Style. does anyone have suggestions? If it helps we are going with all natural soy candles.

I would not recommend to names..it would get costly if you print up labels and very time consuming..and time is everything. Trust me..this is my second run at this biz I took a break for like 8 months cause it was getting to much..slowing down a bit..and biz is actually picking up..Good thing!

as far as the biz name is concerned..Scents of style doe sound good..

what were your other options?

Other ideas off the top of my head

Scents of Soy

Soy Scents

I really like Scents of Style is sounds fancy and elegant....I would stick with one main name but maybe you could have different 'lines' with different names in your one name, if that makes sense. I am starting out and because I have twins (17 month old twin girls) I use the name Twin Kisses but I have my candles in different 'lines' Cafe Cravings, Pick of the Orchard, Sweets n' Treats etc. I really really like Scents of Style.....

Jenn

Try Goggling it....lots of people like it.

Go with something more unique...you live in OK, the state tree is the redbud...Redbud Candle and Bath (tagline: Scents of Style)

But you may also find that once you get into making candles and get a feel for what you want to make and where you want your biz to go, you may lean in a totally different direction.

It takes a lot to find a good name. Start here (http://www.godaddy.com)

SCENTSOFSTYLE.COM is already taken. (click here for info)

Check the domain names that you would like to register below. Multiple Domain Name Strategies

.gb {padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; background-color: #dddddd;}.ll {padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; border-left: 1px solid #dddddd;}.ssl {padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; background-color: #E4EFC7; border-left: 2px solid #588000; border-top: 2px solid #588000;}.ssm {padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; background-color: #E4EFC7; border-top: 2px solid #588000;}.ssr {padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; background-color: #E4EFC7; border-right: 2px solid #588000; border-top: 2px solid #588000;}

The mulitple domain name strategies wont let me in......

It takes a lot to find a good name. Start here (http://www.godaddy.com)

SCENTSOFSTYLE.COM is already taken.(click here for info)

Check the domain names that you would like to register below. Multiple Domain Name Strategies

.gb {padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; background-color: #dddddd;}.ll {padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; border-left: 1px solid #dddddd;}.ssl {padding: 2px 2px 2px2px; background-color: #E4EFC7; border-left: 2px solid #588000; border-top: 2px solid #588000;}.ssm {padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; background-color: #E4EFC7; border-top: 2px solid #588000;}.ssr {padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px; background-color: #E4EFC7; border-right: 2px solid #588000; border-top: 2px solid #588000;}

I chose a name that was reflective of my kids. I didn't want something that was common - I wanted something very original. I used the first two letters of each of my kids' names to form a word. I also didn't want something that would lock me into just one area, i.e., candles. Nor did I want something with my name in case I ever sold the business - you know like Meridith's candles.

When I first started candles, I went with something that was candle oriented. Now that I am doing soap and B&B, I really wanted something that would cover all of it, so I chose a name that was not candle or B&B oriented, that I could sell almost anything that was gift oriented.