Chunk Ball

Pulled this one out of the mold a lil bit ago. Im pleased with how it turned out. No seam lines, no surface blemishes. I used a special blend from Taylored Concepts, since they are local. Its a mottling wax but I added 1 tbsp of Vybar 260 to keep it from mottling. Its scented Fruit Slices. I wicked it with an LX-22. Thanks for looking!

post-917-13945840199_thumb.jpg

Omg girl..it was a piece of cake. You could probably pop out 10 of these a day with no problem! I just filled the ball with chunks..be sure to shake the ball around to get the chunks to settle. When its full of chunks, fill it with clear, scented wax. In my case, I added vybar to keep it from getting anything on the surface like bubbles or mottles. I only had to use about 4 oz of overpour. The mold will hold 7 oz wax without chunks. It took maybe an hour from the time I poured the overpour until I unmolded it. Since there is only 4 oz of wax to set..it takes no time at all. I even forgot to spray my mold with mold release..so the last 5-7 mins, I put it in the freezer and it just came right out. I love this mold, cant wait to make more!!!

I like your ball candle very much.....but.....why did you choose to use vybar 260? It is recommended for waxes with a mp of under 130. Container candles. If I want mine to be smooth and creamy looking and not mottled I use a little vybar 103 for waxes with a mp over 130. I try to use the least amount of an additive as possible to achieve the results I want. I usually (and I say usually) add 1/2 to 1 tsp. vybar 103 pp of wax.

But I still like the way your candle looks. Nice job. Donita

I like your ball candle very much.....but.....why did you choose to use vybar 260? It is recommended for waxes with a mp of under 130. Container candles. If I want mine to be smooth and creamy looking and not mottled I use a little vybar 103 for waxes with a mp over 130. I try to use the least amount of an additive as possible to achieve the results I want. I usually (and I say usually) add 1/2 to 1 tsp. vybar 103 pp of wax.

But I still like the way your candle looks. Nice job. Donita

Well, unfortunately the MP of this wax is unknown. Its a wax from a local supplier and its their own special blend and if you go to their website, it will say N/A under "MP" I have vybar 260 and 103..but not knowing what the MP is, I decided to try the 260 and see what it gets me. I normally add whatever is recommended as far as the amount...1 tbsp pp wax, but lotta times when I do that, the wax will still mottle or I'll get some surface bubbles or something. So I used more this time to try and make sure that I get a perfect surface and I did! I havnt burned it yet tho...still gotta see if my LX-22 is gonna be the right size.