Storage container for Citric Acid

xverion

I put mine in empty dry gallon water jugs then put those in a

storage tote.

Do you ever have a problem with it clumping or attracting moisture? I bought 5 pounds from TC and they sell in a cello bag. I got it home and it had a huge, hard clump in the middle. I can break it up but I'm afraid moisture got to it and weakened it's effect (according to the reviews from the bath bomb swap it didn't fix very well). I'm looking for a better way to store it myself. Thanks so much!

Do you ever have a problem with it clumping or attracting moisture? I bought 5 pounds from TC and they sell in a cello bag. I got it home and it had a huge, hard clump in the middle. I can break it up but I'm afraid moisture got to it and weakened it's effect (according to the reviews from the bath bomb swap it didn't fix very well). I'm looking for a better way to store it myself. Thanks so much!

No problem with moisture - I wrapped elec tape around the tops after I fill them.

I put those silica gel packets (like you get with shoes) in there and keep in the garage in humid Florida.

Hmmm-wonder if I could make silica packets? I have silica gel from drying flowers & I'm thinking I could put some in the small sealable teabags. Think it would work?

I buy my citric acid in 50 & 100 lb bags. What I do when I get the bag home is cut it open, get one of those black hefty bags, place the bag inside of a huge box, pour the citric in and place under my bb table. Easy access and all I have to do when I'm done is push the bag down into the box to release the air and close the lids of the box.

HTH

Shani:smiley2: