Best wax for tarts?

Hi all,

I want to make some soy tarts for a craft fair I've got coming up & wondered which wax or blend you'd recommend. I've got some Ecosoya PB & CB on it's way, would it be best to use the PB or a blend of both? I'm going to try both EOs & FOs in them, but not together.

I'm testing 4oz tins, undyed, with EOs just now & having some success :yay:

& I've got some gorgeous little 1/2oz lip balm tins working well (burn for 5 hours & smelling great in my bathroom). The pillars aren't great yet but the votives are getting better.

However I haven't got enough of anything to really show off with & I won't be selling pillars or votives until I'm totally satisfied with their perfomance.

I'll take some of my paraffin wax candles too, just to sell some off & raise funds for the soy adventure.

I really want to introduce the folk at my old home (the Findhorn Foundation spiritual community in Scotland) to the wonders of soy.

I think tarts would be a good item to add to my table but I haven't made them before,so any ideas will be gratefully received.

TIA,

Sally.

Thank you all for your replies, I'll give theEcosoya PB a go with a little of the CB & keep practising til I get it right.

I'm only making small quantities of anything just now as my budget is soooo tight so shipping from USA isn't an option.....yet, who knows about the future.

The good thing is if I'm not happy with something I've made I can always melt it down & try again.

Sally.

I make my tarts from ecosoya PB and they come out great. Smooth and creamy and the scent throw is amazing after about a two week curing time.

I can only imagine the cost of shipping wax from the US to Europe! I know it's painful to see how much I pay and that's usually from Pennsylvania to New York.

Bright blessings,

Donna