wick wont lite

I actually had a customer that had this problem with one of my pillars. Luckily it was a coworker and she brought the candle to a video meeting so I could see what was happening. The wick was over an inch long! It would light and then just fizzle out because it couldn't draw up the wax enough (this was the 3rd or 4th burn). Once she cut the wick shorter the flame was in contact with the top of the candle and could get enough wax to start.

So make sure the wick isn't *too* long.

Blast the top with a heatgun and remove some of the wax. Don't get too close to the wick or it will cinge. Dump the excess on a plate with some layers of paper towels.

Then cool and try again, trimming the wick of course. It should stay lit. If it doesn't- the wick is either ungodly small or perhaps faulty. I have had a few shit wicks before.

As a side note- Top~ don't you dare tell me that a wick cannot possibly be faulty. I have had more than a few from all different suppliers that were. So- it does exist. (where is the sarcastic, bite me smiley?) :)

As a side note- Top~ don't you dare tell me that a wick cannot possibly be faulty. I have had more than a few from all different suppliers that were. So- it does exist. (where is the sarcastic, bite me smiley?) :)
Yeah, like the zinc core that's missing the cotton from the outside. That stuff is a bitch to light. ;)