Lotion Bar that Shimmers? Recipe? Suggestions?

CareBear

I have the teen upstairs test my lotion bar/sticks. She says all her friends are spending tons at Lush, getting shimmering bars. But summer approaches and they melt in transit says Lush.

So they are looking for a lower cost product (Lush's shimmering bars are $5.40 for a 1-oz bar + shipping) that they can get locally.

I said "Sure, I can whip something up...."

Now I have to do it. Any suggestions?

Carol

geez, and what scent? a tropical I guess, little touch of coconut without beeing TOO sunscreen?

for the fo, try citrus splash from BCS for an awesome tropical scent WYW(at BCN) has island kola nut, another great tropical too....you can use mica, fromnaturewithlove.com has a great variety from golds to bronzes to one that is called glow i think....they all work great, just add when the lotion bar blend is at a low enough temp to suspend well, then pour. it also works great in dusting powders and lotions.

About how much glitter do you think I will need in order to leave a light sheen on the skin?

I get the body safe glitter from WSP to put in mine, try Pina Colada FO, they should love them, you can mold them in regular size muffin tins to make 1 oz bars.

Good luck