Too early for Christmas???

This is not exactly what I had in mind. The red isnt dark enough. Its OK6228, Red is colored Cranberry and scented Blackberry Sage. Hunter Green is scented Blackberry Tea. The red got alot of bubbles and I used 1 Tbsp of Vybar 103 to eliminate those lil boogers. Anyway, Its going to be double wicked with 2 CD 62's, will be the first time I've ever double wicked a pillar so I will keep it for myself and use it for a tester. Here is a pic before and I will post the pic of it burning later. Even tho it didnt come out right, It was fun to make!!

Hope you all like it.

post-917-139458401868_thumb.jpg

You've certainly got those layers down a treat - nice job. What size is it? I'm figuring that it must be pretty big if you're double wicking it. Also curious as to its eventual burn time - will it last for all the 12 days of Christmas? LOL.

Thanks for all your nice comments! Mozzie, to answer your question, the mold is 4.5 x 5. I double wicked it because even when I use my biggest wick..one that is recommended for a candle that size, its not big enough. I end up with a shell about 2 inches thick and this tiny lil melt pool, so I decided to try double wicking and I think it works. I am posting a pic of it after 1 hour of burn time.

I actually didnt plan on doing a christmas type candle. The colors were supposed to be cranberry and hunter green, but I guess maybe I didnt use enough dye so they didnt come out as dark as I planned. I used 1 dye chip pp of wax..next time maybe i'll go 1 1/2. I am very pleased with how the layers turned out. No bleeding, which was my biggest worry. Now I just have to figure out why I got pin holes..I poured at 175..was that not hot enough?