wick suggestions please!!

Hi,

Well so far every wick I have used the melt pool is too deep, I was wondering if any one had any suggestions. I am using a 16oz. elevation jar pure soy w/ univ. add. I also double wick this container.

thanks in advance,

Valerie

all I can recommend, is that you should not even have to double wick that size diameter.

I do not use those types of wicks, I use RRD's and LX's.

HTH

In my experience, 3" jars are borderline for double wicking. If you are not having success in single wicking, then you should try double wicking. The HTP wicks are a great wick for soy, and for a jar that size, I would say if using a single wick, try the 1312. I personally like to double wick, so if you decide to go that route, I would try a couple of HTP52 or HTP62 and go up or down from there. The wicking too sometimes depends on the type of jar it is. I sample pack of wicks is a good investment when trying to decide on a wick size. Also, I know some use zinc wicks in soy, but zinc is the coolest burning wick and not really recommended for straight soy, which really needs a hotter wick to burn properly.

Hi,

Thanks for all your thoughts. I have tried to single wick with the 1312 htp and it does not give a scent throw, so I will be double wicking, I have lots of wicks on hand so I think I will try the htps next, I think I have almost got it. I test burned one last night and at 3 hrs. it was 1/2 in deep!!! SO I may stay with the wicks I have but we'll have to see after I test the Htps.

Thanks so much for all your thoughts on this.

Valerie