First Soy Layer

Ooops, I posted this in the wrong forum first.....let's try this again

Howdy. After a bit of a Hiatus from candles, here is my most recent candle...from last night!

Cucumber Canteloupe

Candlewic Soy 125

1% Frostop

2% Beeswax

5% FO

First layer poured at 150

Second layer poured at 155

I really like the adhesion to the glass. The cold throw is nice. My blend was okay, however I noticed the green layer was starting to crack slightly on top before I poured the orange layer. The orange layer cooled and looked like it had a growth on top, similar to what people describe as cauliflower. I heat gunned it twice and still did not have a smooth top. I'm wondering if I should up the percentage of beeswax?

Thanks for looking.

post-1605-139458401488_thumb.jpg

post-1605-13945840149_thumb.jpg

Nice colours and adhesion, but the top is a bit off-putting IMO. Not that I have any suggestions for fixing it - but I'm sure that someone will chime in with helpful advice. Keep on practising (and posting).

It's not an empty air bubble, though there is a little air in it. I made another using 3% BW instead of 2. Much better results...top was better initially, head gunned it once and got a shiny, slick looking top....with the exception of an airbubble that made it's way to the surface.

thanks for the response!

Chris

The top of the candle is baffling. Have you poked the "growths" to make sure they are not air bubbles????

Other then that everything looks really good. Nice work.