Vendor question

Landa

I've got 3 molds from them, and just love them! Julie is awesome! They do take a few days to ship, as they are made to order, but it's worth the wait with the awesome pricing! And don't get the stained ones, the soap doesn't care what color the wood is!

I have the 5lb mold with hinges and I am very pleased with it. In fact, its the log mold I most often use as well as the one I've been learning on. My hinges don't line up that great when you take the sides down, but it doesn't affect the useability of the mold. My shipping didn't take too terribly long but whatever the wait, it was worth it. I would buy another one. :smiley2:

I have 2 molds from there. A slab and a log mold. The slab is hinged and the log isn't. I think next time I order from her, I'll get a hinged log mold. If a little bit of soap leaks out of the lining, its a bugger getting the soap out of the mold.

Actually, I've been thinking about getting the hinged log mold and modifying the non hinged one. I want to saw into the sides and make cut lines. All I'd have to do is take the soap out of one log mold and set it in the modified mold. Then take a long sharp knife and cut down through the log. I'd have even bars everytime.