salt shaker candles?

I have tried containers with small openings and they don't perform will. Sure these are "cute" but they will not perform well. First the opening is to small and because of that they will not give off much throw. Second when that container burns down it will be hard to burn because of lack of oxygen.

I will not pour in any container less than 1.5" in diameter at the opening. Anything less and you don't get good throw or burn. I much perfer to pour candles in containers of 2.5" or larger, that way you get good throw & burn.

IMO - I have found the larger the melt pool the better the throw but that also involves good supplies, quality FO, good wax and proper wick.

There's a big line of soys out there poured in those fun style of shakers. Not sure how they burn, but there's usually a large display in grocery stores.

Now I'd love to find fun shapes like that though!

The sugar shakers I have are as wide as a jelly jar if not a bit wider.

Swan Creek Candle in Ohio/Michigan has these. I worked at a gift shop that carried them....and let me tell you the salt shaker candles are some of the most god-awful burning candles I've seen! First it would tunnel, then when it got to the narrow part it turned into a campfire, soot everywhere. I have no clue why you would even attempt to market these things (must have good insurance). But you know what, people bought them because they we "so cute!" We didn't have many repeat customers for that style. Go figure.

jan...where are you finding a consistant sorce for the sugar shakers, if you don't mind me asking--I've found them at local stores here and there occasionally, but nothing consistantly enough to be able to add them to my lines on a regular basis. I would love to add them, because they are cute. thanks

amiee.... I get them at our grocery store for $1 each including the chrome type pour lid. They are a nice thick glass which helps as I pour soy and sometimes need a heavier wick than for paraffin wax. They have cheese shakers in the same style and I use them in the same wax.

:cry2: why can't the stores around here carry cool jars? lol oh, well...it's time for a trip to xmas tree shop anyway--maybe they'll have something cool to pour in this week

amiee.... I get them at our grocery store for $1 each including the chrome type pour lid. They are a nice thick glass which helps as I pour soy and sometimes need a heavier wick than for paraffin wax. They have cheese shakers in the same style and I use them in the same wax.