Layer question???

Do you have to poke relief holes in the first layer?? Or do you only have to poke in the last layer???

Personally I don't poke relief holes in the first layer/s as this would cause the second/ next colour to bleed through into the first which could be interesting but might not be what you're looking for. However I do poke holes in the last layer & top up as many times as needed to finish the candle off (poking holes each top up.

Does that make sense?

Personally I don't poke relief holes in the first layer/s as this would cause the second/ next colour to bleed through into the first which could be interesting but might not be what you're looking for. However I do poke holes in the last layer & top up as many times as needed to finish the candle off (poking holes each top up.

Does that make sense?

That makes total sense. I have only done layered container candles and that wax does not shrink. So I tried a pillar and poked the first layer which was red (for a red, white and blue candle), then I poured the white and low and behold it turned out pink.

Thank you so much for all of your feedback.:cheesy2: