Product Survey

I am trying to get an idea of what my customers may be looking for when I start selling (hopefully this fall). I am working on a survey to send over email and snail mail for those that don't have email.

Here are some things I have so far:

Favorite candle scents (top 5)

Favorite Bath and body scents (top 5)

Favorite bath and body products (top 5)

Favorite sizes of candles

I am also planning on offering gift mixes (cocoas, cookies, etc), aroma bead ornaments and various other items. I will add things as I get them tested and inventory built up.

Can anything one add anything to my survey?

TIA,

Steph

Most popular jar would be 8 ounce JJ/mason jar.For scents mine are Apple Pie, Creme Brulee, French Vanilla(probably any vanilla),Carrot Cake and Coconut Cream Pie.Also some coffee like Cappucino Brulee.

I donated 2 candle baskets this week-end for my niece's cancer benefit.Before they were auctioned one young lady wanted to know what I had in it total.She wanted to buy it before it was auctioned.I said it was worth over $40.00 so I guess she decided to wait till auction hoping it went for less.Ended up they did a silent auction and another lady said if she had that much in it I will buy it for sure.I felt kinda bad for the younger lady who did not get it so I will make her a few candles.I don't know if it was the basket or what she wanted or all the different tarts in there.Nephew wanted the same basket but going to make him what he wants.Also he works for a store so pretty sure I got a wholesale accout.Especially since they sell my size soy candles for 2X more than me.

For the scents in that basket were:Apple Pie, Coconut Cream Pie, Very Peachy,Rose Petals,Kumquat and Lily of the Valley.But if you are doing a Fall Fest I would go with scents above.

HTH,

LynnS

Im just getting mine going but I can tell you what I offer so far

jj candles

16 oz wickless in tins

paint can candles

votives

tarts

tealites

carpet fresh

homemade chocolate candies

plan to add

linen spray

cardboard air fresheners

pillars

Will you be asking them to write down their 5 favorite scents or giving them a list to choose from? It might be easier to give them a list, this list could be a list of all the scents you have. If you don't give them a list, the answers could be all over the place.

Thanks for all the replies.

I tried sending out a list before (before I got pg with #3 and put everything on hold) and the answers were still all over the place. I have a feel for what close friends and family want, but not sure about the rest of the local public. My mom owns a shop and I might put a survey in there to see what her customers want because that is where most of my product will be right now.

There are just so many FO's out there it will be impossible for people to pick out just 5.

Steph

I'd also ask what size bath & body products people like. I don't like to buy an 8oz bottle of anything for the first time. In the survey I'd list the sizes of B&B products & candles as well as scents. Maybe you could list 5 or 10 scents & then have a space for "other" if you were really interested in opinions on scents beyond what you have. I think it's hard to just list scents I like-the list would be endless! I think your idea of the survey is great. Good luck.

I agree with you Jade.I started with the 8 ounce bottles and now want to go to the 4 ounce.I am reasonable but really think people get tired of the same scent for a long time.I would.Lotion can last forever if you just use it on your hands but if a body lotion it goes faster.I use my for my chapped hands in the winter.Doesn't do alot of good because not much longer I am washing it off.

LynnS