Need some help with this pls....

My brother is retiring from the Navy after serving for 30 yrs on the 8th of next month and I was wanting to make him a special candle. I have a star mold, but instead of making a one color candle I wanted to make one with layers...but not one on top of each other but vertical layers one red one white and one blue...I looked for pics of one but did not see any...and when I do make this candle I was thinking of using just one FO so as not to clash the fragrances...any help here would be appreciated!:yay:

You could make a white one, then maybe use candle paint. I've never tried paint, so i dont know how well it works....Or maybe to tilted red/white/blue. That would look pretty neat if you ask me. Sorry, I'm not of much help here....

What if you made the candle white and then overdipped each side in the red and blue?

Thanks I am going to try that!

Scented, I am going to work on that one and see which of the two looks the best...I have been working on it all weekend...getting more frustrated by the minute...so I stepped away from it today and re-grouping....