Bath Junkies

Has anyone heard of this company? I was visiting FL this past week and went into one. It is basically a high priced build-your-own B&B. They supply the bases and you pick out the color and scents. They pump the base into a bottle, add the color and fragrance. I bought some massage oil in a 4 oz container for $10 :eek:. They also sold bath bombs and they offer "parties" for birthdays, etc. I'm sure they are making a killing.

I was just wondering if anyone has tried that business idea on their own?

there is one about 60 miles from here never been though I should go scope it out :) We use to do a similar thing at shows and it was pretty sucessful we would take the bases with pumps we put all our FO's in dropper bottles and let people pick what they wanted we always used colored bottles as opposed to putting coloring in the product but it was fun I think people like interactive.

I went to their web site and I believe you have to have between $100-$200K for start up. Plus, 10% of gross revenue goes back to the franchise. Little out of my price range, but I guess all franchises are.

Yea that is the reason I passed! I just don't think the store is all that if you know what I mean.:wink2:

I went to their web site and I believe you have to have between $100-$200K for start up. Plus, 10% of gross revenue goes back to the franchise. Little out of my price range, but I guess all franchises are.
This is about average for what you'd expect to pay for a turnkey operation. It might be a good way to go if you have the cash but no business experience and didn't want to do it by trial and error. Having a well known name can bring you customers a lot more quickly than building your own customer base from scratch. As for paying the 10% it's again typical of franchises.

That's funny...my sister in Dallas just went into one too. She said there was NO ONE there and it was an extremely sterile enviroment. Everything was black/blue. Shelves of bottles, salts...and she said no testers(that she saw). So how you'd pick your base to scent & color is odd. Just signs everywhere on how much things cost. Oh and there wasn't any information on what what was good for.

The only thing she was really intrigue with was the jelly rolls of MP soap & the hand cut soap loaves.

Well, I thought I'd pay a visit... I called and the recording said that they're temporarily closed. They're moving to Edmond. Edmond is N. of OK-city. Here in Norman, were S. of OK-city. Hmmm.... moving to where the money is....

But they can't escape me! I'll go up there for my favorite chinese place, and still scope them out! :tiptoe: