Favorite oil for Bath Bombs, etc...?

CareBear

Made my first batch of bath bombs - thought they were the cat's meow :yay: until I gave them a try myself. ICK. :mad:

I made them with Coconut Oil (76), figuring the stuff might actually help them hold their shape and would still melt in the tub water without a problem. But they were waaaaay to slimy.

What is YOUR favorite oil for bath bomb or other bath use???

Carol

Grapeseed oil is a nice light oil but it has such a short shelf life that I would be worried about using it in case the bombs might sit around for awhile. But if they move fast, I would think it would be a nice addition to bath bombs.

What do you mean you "add to it after the bomb has set"?

I have a special thing I do to my bombs ... I get creative with them and top them with things or add things to them. I dont make small bombs tho...big ones. SO my added butters are not inside the mix they are on the outside.

I have a special thing I do to my bombs ... I get creative with them and top them with things or add things to them. I dont make small bombs tho...big ones. SO my added butters are not inside the mix they are on the outside.

Sounds really neat. I'm no where near ready to get creative, but I'd love to see some examples. You got pics out there?

I don't mind coconut, but I wouldn't use that as my only oil.

I like rbo, sunflower, soy and macadamia...but of course theirs too many choices out there. I'm not sure my skin can really tell the difference between liquid oils though as much as hard. A bomb feels different to me if the only oil is only cocoa butter. The bath feels just like a regular bath.

I use sweet almond oil and/or grapeseed oil. I have yet to try anything else. I had used a bomb from the bath bomb swap, and someone put mango butter, that was one incredible bomb!

That one was mine. :yay: I love mango butter in my bombs. Thanks for the compliment!!