Im making my first layered candle today

Hello yall.

I got my shippment from Peaks yesterday and Ive been up since 6 AM making candles!!

After reading all the posts on layering candles I decided that Im going to try my hand at making one. I picked out three scentes that I thought would "look" good and "smell" good together.

Here is what i came up with....

bottom layer..vinyard Fo ( smells like grapes) with burgundy Dye

middle layer.. Tall Grass FO ( smells like freshly cut grass) with sage green dye

top layer..Orange Fo (duh, smells like oranges) with orange dye.

I wanted to have a light yellow on top because I think it will look good with the green but dont have an Fo to match it other than a bakery scent and I dont want to use bakery.

Im going to call this candle "fields of flavor" That is if everything goes well...lol

wish me luck!

Are you making Pillars or Jars?

If it's pillars remember your colors will be upside down, lightest color first etc because the bottom of a pillar mold is the top of a finished candle.

Either way Jars or Pillars in layers can be tricky to avoid colors from bleeding.

Good luck and post a pic to show us your results.

Candle Man

Im using the quare mason jars. They are only 8 0z. so its alittle tricky melting a small amount of wax per layer ( 8 oz each) Im doing three candles and im testing three different wicks as well. I will surely post a pic when Im done! The first layer is settling right now. The only thing that im worried about is the melt pool being too deep and going into the second layer since my container isnt that big. but we'll see!

I've done layers in the square mason and they come out great. I think that's a unqiue combination you have too. I wouldn't have thought to put those FOs together, but I think it will smell great. Love to see pics when you're finished :)

update....just finished pouring my last layer. I think i didnt wait long enough to pour cause i can see the last layer blending with the second...oh well you test and you learn right. still way to early to make a judgement though. ill let you know when i post the pics in the gallery.

ummm. i wonder what green and orange make???

update....just finished pouring my last layer. I think i didnt wait long enough to pour cause i can see the last layer blending with the second...oh well you test and you learn right. still way to early to make a judgement though. ill let you know when i post the pics in the gallery.

ummm. i wonder what green and orange make???

Brown, I think. Lol - It'll be the camo-candle - you can market it to all the hunters ;)