soya butter ...

ok so i bought some however i tried to make a butter yesterday and it looked beautiful and then i tested it : ewww its all greasy. is soya butter suppose to be so greasy? i mean it like spreading crisco on your skin. i had only 1 oz cocoa butter w/ it so I can't see that being the issue. i have never used soya butter before. Im frustrated now & feel i wasted my money.

Try adding some cornstarch to it to see if that helps with the greasiness. Does it absorb into the skin fast though? If it does, you can use it as a foot and elbow cream since these tend to be really dry areas.

nope it stays as greasy as putting lard on you...i added (AR)powder and it then has a grainy feel . It doesn't absorb I actually have to wash my hands with dish soap to cut the grease. I dumped a bath of it by adding cocoa butter and sao cuz it was too greasy even with the added powder to cut the greasy. I dont know what to do with this now.

Where did you get this stuff? The only soy butter I know of is a soybean oil that has been hydrogenated chemically, which means it's going to be terribly greasy, just like Crisco. Can you give us more specs on it?

Okay, did some more searching, and if you are using actual hydrogenated "soy butter", then you are pretty much using Crisco, which is what Crisco IS. Lots of soapers use it for a hard bar, but I just can't imagine that you would make a butter that wasn't greasy using that as your main ingredient. Maybe as a smaller percentage, with shea or some other softish butter as your main ingredient, then a little soy butter as an additive, but I don't know, I just can't see it being nongreasy no matter what you do. Someone correct me if I'm way off base, please.

Where did you get this stuff? The only soy butter I know of is a soybean oil that has been hydrogenated chemically, which means it's going to be terribly greasy, just like Crisco. Can you give us more specs on it?

Okay, did some more searching, and if you are using actual hydrogenated "soy butter", then you are pretty much using Crisco, which is what Crisco IS. Lots of soapers use it for a hard bar, but I just can't imagine that you would make a butter that wasn't greasy using that as your main ingredient. Maybe as a smaller percentage, with shea or some other softish butter as your main ingredient, then a little soy butter as an additive, but I don't know, I just can't see it being nongreasy no matter what you do. Someone correct me if I'm way off base, please.

im using soya butter from kangaroo blue...so watch out! i just got it on Monday.

I have a soy butter too but for the life of me can't remember where I got it. It's an acutal butter and not like Crisco. I"ll look and post a link when I find where I got it. It's at my store so I can't look at the actual butter. I know I didn't get mine at B.

this soya butter came to me as flakes....its pretty greasy to the touch even at that...however when i mix it & then add oil and another hard buttwer it looks so nice & pretty like butter but its like butter on your skin...i mean that in a bad way. more like a crisco or marg. on the skin LOL i had to use dawn to wash it off LOL

I, too, made this same mistake. I tried it without thinking about the logic (hydrogenated soybean oil = Crisco). I made one batch and haven't decided what to do with the rest. I think I dumped a huge amount of dry flow or natrasorb in just to make it useable for myself. I hate wasting stuff!!

Okay, I apparently have no clue what it is...huh. I'm out of the loop on this one. Weird, hard but greasy. Huh.

i didn't think i said it was "hard" sorry....no i added a hard butter to it like it stated in the recipe. i dont know i guess i will try to sell it since its not for me.

I, too, made this same mistake. I tried it without thinking about the logic (hydrogenated soybean oil = Crisco). I made one batch and haven't decided what to do with the rest. I think I dumped a huge amount of dry flow or natrasorb in just to make it useable for myself. I hate wasting stuff!!

me too hate wasting it...i even tried usin it for shaving-yuck. when i added my dry flow to it...it has a gritty fealing too it. so not sure what happend to the whole mix then. i think this isn't the type of butter for me. so now its going to be for sale...I have a 1lb:rolleyes2

i didn't think i said it was "hard" sorry....no i added a hard butter to it like it stated in the recipe. i dont know i guess i will try to sell it since its not for me.

You're selling already honey?

Ok.. Let me clarify my thoughts.. When you say you're selling it, are you meaning you want to sell the soya in the classifieds, or are you looking to sell your end product to customers already..

Ok.. Let me clarify my thoughts.. When you say you're selling it, are you meaning you want to sell the soya in the classifieds, or are you looking to sell your end product to customers already..

lol no not sell to customers. im going to get rid of the product because im too picky. personally i dont like the actual soya product. i would not sell something that i didn't test, like, & give out to testers first.

Whew... I totally read into your "selling" statement wrong then, and I apologize. I was under the impression that you were getting ready to sell to the public already. I'm glad you're taking the time to test, formulate, and find out what you like and don't like!

At first I thought you and I were talking about the same but once I saw you say yours was in flake form, I knew mine was different. That's why I posted the link and said I didn't get mine from KB, and mine is called something different (Soy butter and not soya butter) and isn't in flake form. I think if you tried the soy butter from WSP you would like it. It isn't greasy like you say the soya butter. I don't know about the soya butter though.

i think some are getting my product confused...i have soya butter from kangaroo blue. its in flake form & greasy.